Time for new tires - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for new tires

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    What model Dunlop?
    An Elite 3 which seems to be wearing well.

Michelin for me

I had a real problem with rear tire wear on my Yamaha FJ1200 Sport Touring bike.(It did neither very well) Rear tires went away too quickly. I had a lot more Horse Power than I needed and drove the snot out of it. The best lasting tire I had was the Michelin Pilot front and a Commander on the rear.
    The Commander was lasting like a "Dark Side" tire. I got almost 22,000 miles out of it and I still drove it hard. Still had some usable tread left when I sold it. There is no reason why motorcycle tires wear out faster than car tires. Most riders don't ride as much as some of us and dry rot will claim the tire before it will wear out.
    Learn how to read the date codes and keep your tires fresh. (0215 is the second week of 2015)

The pilot on the front was so sure footed the wife could tell the difference from the rear seat. That is something that is impressive to me because she had never ridden a motorcycle till she met me and she could feel the difference.
    My favorite riding accessory is my LADY.
    I do not care how nice the bike is, I enjoy it more when she is with me.

Yes. Elite 3 series. I was amazed at the long life and even wear I got out of these tires. I could of put another 2K on them but I'm not going to push my luck. If Dunlop has sizes that fit my new F6B, those are the tires I will buy for it.

Makes me rethink what I thought my previous owner had made a mistake. I bought mine with 2K on it,the PO had a Bridgestone on the front and a Dunlop at the rear. Hearing this makes me think he did it intentionally,maybe. I replaced both at about 14K because I was making a 3 thousand mile trip and didn't want to have to worry about tires during the trip. I went with the Stones and dont really notice a difference in handling or wear ,yet..

Here's photos of my tires with 24K on them. The photo of my front tire side wall provides the tire information. Dunlop is doing a fantastic job with M/C tires !

Attachment 17463Attachment 17464Attachment 17462