Space too cramped for downshifting? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Space too cramped for downshifting?

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    The YouTube review is by "AK47's". Glad to hear from some of you that this is not likely going to be a problem for someone my size (5'8", 29 inch inseam). I think I am only a demo ride away from buying an F6b. I demo rode a Triumph Trophy recently and really tried to convince myself that I liked this bike. But the seating is just a bit too sporty for my old bones, and part of me wishes to return to the Honda fold. But I think a key part will be how my wife likes the passenger accomodations since most of my riding is two up. She's comfortable on my Triumph Thunderbird right now but I am hoping that with a decent windscreen she will like the F6b, with its nice large pillion, even more.
    Take my word Test drive is not necessary you just wasting time you could be riding. The hardest thing for my wife on the back is not falling asleep! GO for It!

I sit straight up and have no problems with the seat, but plenty on the forum have chased or found their dream seat. Once I got my highway pegs I enjoyed it even more!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Space for shifting

Hi,
    With a 34" inseam, I went with the Kury dropped min-boards to gain some leg room. Things were a bit crowded so I played with angling them and didn't like the feeling that my feet we sliding forward. These Kury boards have 3 mounting positions so I opted for the aft-most position. Pic below. Works well for me, may work well for others.

I went through this once with a pair of boots I bought for riding.
    The problem was they had virtually no instep and had bulbous toes. With the toe and an instep, they would be great but as they are you cant get your toe under the shifter.
    I didn't modify the bike ,just bought different foot gear.

Biker Boots

Attachment 17467
    Attachment 17468

I have a pair of Arnold's Terminator Engineer Boots and just had Vibram soles put on my Cowboy boots. Don't have any trouble shifting. The only problem with YouTube is that any boob can upload a video.