Clearview Windshield height question - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Clearview Windshield height question

Quote Originally Posted by Skhunt View Post
    The Vent isnt an option/available on the small/short screen.
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Yes it is.
    youre right.. hmm wonder if it was a different shield i was thinking of.

Just ordered a medium height, light gray, sport touring width with the upper recurve and used HONDA. Look forward to riding in comfort and hearing the radio better.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Go with the touring, wider is better and large is best. The recurve works and I think it improves the look of the WS. Way better looking than GW shields IMHO.
    ss^,
    Ken

reviews and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Just ordered a medium height, light gray, sport touring width with the upper recurve and used HONDA. Look forward to riding in comfort and hearing the radio better.
    I'm thinking of going the same route as you except a darker tint. How do you like it, and if you don't mind posting some pics.

Thanks,
    Joe

Faom gasket, no instructions at all, really strange....

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    You're 1 " taller than me, I think it will be a perfect height but since you have 2-3 inches of adjustment built into the mounting slots in the ws you can play with it. I can just see over the 15 inch and do get minor buffeting and some noise but nothing like before. It looks really good on the f6, just remember to stuff some rags into the corners where the mirror are so you dont drop the corner mounting bolts Into the faring when loosening them. They give you a foam gasket with no directions, just put it flush at the top of the fairings edge. The owner is really helpful and I enjoyed dealing with him. I think you'll be happy with the product.
    Please tell me what the heck they intend for me to do with the foam gasket, please, thx...

Clearview short sport shield thoughts...

I installed a Clearview short sport on my 2015 F6B yesterday. I took the bike out for a shakedown run on the U.S. 60 toward Globe, just got home. Here's some info: this is a beautifully made piece of kit, that took all of 20 minutes to install. I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam, stock seat and bars. I decided on the light gray tint with the recurve option. Using my free hand I was able to check the wind flow at several speeds. The recurve coupled with the height pushed the wind over my full face Shoei RF1200 beautifully. I opened my shield at 80 mph and rode comfortably for about 3 miles. Keep in mind my I have been riding Italian sport bikes for 30 years, so wind protection has never been a priority. This shield fits the bike's profile perfectly and provides a clean bubble of air for the rider. All in all an excellent value.