Would you buy an F6B with DCT - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy an F6B with DCT

I would certainly like to ride one. I rode the N700 something or other with the DCT and thought that with a bit more power it would be fun. My VW GTI has their version(called a DSG)and I love it. There's no way a human can move a lever as fast as it shifts, plus you have the options of letting the computer do the work in normal mode and sport mode, or shifting yourself with the manual mode. This isn't a "slushbox" automatic, it's an electronically shifted "standard" gearbox so you don't have the power loss as in a true automatic. I wouldn't say never until ya tried it.

I'd love to drive one! Clutching in heavy traffic sucks. The different modes sound awesome!

I also have mixed thoughts on DCT. I have been riding motorcycles for over 45 years and everyone I have ever owned had a manual clutch, except for my mini bike. Now that I am almost 56 I would entertain a Goldwing with DCT.

All I have to say is….no shifting = no fun!

I was actually thinking about this the other day. the one on the Burgman 650 is pretty decent, and you can always switch over to manual shift.

yes, I would.

For more info on the newest version of Honda's DCT, check out the mini test of the new VFR1200X in the latest Motorcyclist magazine. They were quite impressed. I would probably be very interested in the 1200X if I could get my leg over the seat to mount up.

I still drive a manual shift car / much more fun.
    Steve

DCT

An automatic transmission in a wing ? Yes,yes yes. What are they waiting for ? This is 2016 its a touring bike its a no brainer. I have an automatic in my tractor trailer when i hear guys say no way then don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I was actually thinking about this the other day. the one on the Burgman 650 is pretty decent, and you can always switch over to manual shift.

yes, I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    An automatic transmission in a wing ? Yes,yes yes. What are they waiting for ? This is 2016 its a touring bike its a no brainer. I have an automatic in my tractor trailer when i hear guys say no way then don't buy it.
    I heard they were starting to install automatic transmission in semi tractor trailers, you would have thought they could have done it years ago. That has to be a saving grace for truck drivers.

I owned a 2013 Can Am Spyder with the semi-auto paddle shift and things went horribly wrong with that bike.... lawyer later and they replaced it with a 2014 with the new 3 cylinder motor and I thought it was the cats ass! Until,... I started having big "E" popping up in the shift indicator. That E stands for ERROR and the dealer could not find the problem, sold it with 1200 miles on it. I did like the auto and the paddle shift but...... it needs to work!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike