Slow, conservative riders unite!

Thread: Slow, conservative riders unite!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I'm like you for just cruising. Speeding tickets and the associated hit on my wallet and driver's licence (insurance) rating are not worth it.
    But I will open 'er up, road and police conditions permitting.
    Twisting that throttle just feels too good!
    I am in the same category as Bigbird....Past the days, hopefully of speeding tickets, etc. and as said above, my wife got one ticket in her car two years ago, had two minor fender benders,(neither her fault) over the past five years and StateFarm raised my insurance rates by 30% "assholes"..Michigan already has the highest insurance rates in the country and I cannot afford any more increases in premiums!!! But, if it looks okay on certain roads I will "twist the ole throttle a bit".....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am in the same category as Bigbird....Past the days, hopefully of speeding tickets, etc. and as said above, my wife got one ticket in her car two years ago, had two minor fender benders,(neither her fault) over the past five years and StateFarm raised my insurance rates by 30% "assholes"..Michigan already has the highest insurance rates in the country and I cannot afford any more increases in premiums!!! But, if it looks okay on certain roads I will "twist the ole throttle a bit".....Ride safe
    Don't even try to compare these multiple barbaric rates to N.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I don't go across the river anymore. Even if the gas is cheaper. It's not worth it. The "shore" isn't worth it. The "Do AC" isn't worth it.
    If you sneeze and the speedo goes ever so slightly past the limit, you can bet there's a trooper with nothing better to do than waste 20 minutes of your time and a lot of your money.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I betcha that the rates in Michigan and the Detroit area are higher in many cases...Cost to insure a 2014 Ford Explorer in the city is about $5,000 a year...Don't know about bikes as I , thank God, do not live in Detroit...Michigan has the most stupid catastrophic no-fault laws in the nation....80% of the folks in the city drive without insurance as they cannot afford to buy it.....I refuse to go into the city for many reasons and drivers without insurance is only of them...Done with may rant,,,,Sorry!!!