Madstad for F6B - Page 35
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    I've read comments from 2013 on up for these windshields. Sounds like they finally got their product standardized for the f6b so I am still a little unclear as to what I would be getting and how tall of a shield I would need. I'm 6'3, 34 in inseam and currently have a 19 inch Slip Streamer on mine. I look over it a few inches but would prefer to have it even lower. I still get some buffeting at the top of my helmet and my passenger gets hit too. Website shows 11, 13, 15, and 17 inch. That would put me at a 17 inch, but I've read some posts in the past of people that have 13 inch and my same height that works fine. Any updates?
    RIDER HEIGHT

SHIELD SIZE

5'4" to 5'7" (163 - 170 cm) 11" (280 mm)
    5'8" to 5'11" (173 - 180 cm) 13" (330 mm)
    6'0" to 6'2" (183 - 188 cm) 15" (380 mm)
    6'3" and taller (190+ cm) 17" (430 mm)

6' 2" here and planning to go to a taller seat someday. I tried a 17 in dark smoke. Hated it could not see over it and poorly through it. Sent it back and got an 11 inch in clear. Much better now with it set in the medium setting, can go a bit higher or lower. It is not perfect but very good, a little wind from the sides from over the mirrors, top of helmet is good. I would say you can smoke a cigar at 60 MPH if you want and the music works OK even at interstate speeds. I look well above it most of the time even though I slouch some and if it rains I can duck down behind and look through to stay mostly dry, a bit comes up between the two shields. I would think a 11 or 13 would work for you but sure would not go darker than light grey.

Yeah I was looking at a side picture of one with an 11" I think and with it raked forward it wasn't much shorter that my current windshield. I definitely wouldn't go with the 17, debating between 13 and 15. Agreed on the tint....I like my windshields clear. I have an Ultimate King seat which sat me up a bit from the factory

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    6' 2" here and planning to go to a taller seat someday. I tried a 17 in dark smoke. Hated it could not see over it and poorly through it. Sent it back and got an 11 inch in clear. Much better now with it set in the medium setting, can go a bit higher or lower. It is not perfect but very good, a little wind from the sides from over the mirrors, top of helmet is good. I would say you can smoke a cigar at 60 MPH if you want and the music works OK even at interstate speeds. I look well above it most of the time even though I slouch some and if it rains I can duck down behind and look through to stay mostly dry, a bit comes up between the two shields. I would think a 11 or 13 would work for you but sure would not go darker than light grey.

Any idea what it measures from the top to the gasket?

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I'm 6ft /34 inseam on stock seat and found the 13 inch medium tint too distracting vision wise for me but it did give amazing protection. Always seemed to be in my line of vision or too dark for certain conditions. Bought a 11 clear replacement shield and its perfect.

Height of a Madstad is based on if you want to look over it or not.

With my 12" Dark tint shield set to it's lowest point I look over it by a few inches and when needed I just slide it up and can gain protection from rain or wind with the 3 inches of adjustment.

I also have a 15" clear but only use it in the Winter when I want to hide behind a large shield... I can NOT see over the 15". Only look thru that one but I do sit on a Corbin seat that is an inch or so lower than the stock seat.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

My measurement is 10.5 inches all the way down and 12.5 inches all the way up from the top of the gasket.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Pics

Does anybody have any side pictures of the 13 inch or 15 inch that I can compare to my current windshield? I have a 19" Slip Streamer that I just look over, but need to see how these compare since the rake is much more drastic. Shoot me a picture of side shot and let me know what position it is in (Low, mid, high) My email is dustyallen04 at gmail.com. Replace at with @...just don't want to get spammed by putting the whole email address in here

Does anybody have any side pictures of the 13 inch or 15 inch that I can compare to my current windshield? I have a 19" Slip Streamer that I just look over, but need to see how these compare since the rake is much more drastic. Shoot me a picture of side shot and let me know what position it is in (Low, mid, high) My email is dustyallen04 at gmail.com. Replace at with @...just don't want to get spammed by putting the whole email address in here
    All with 13" always in the lowest setting.

I recently joined this forum. First thing I needed to know is which windscreen most of you were using. After much digging thru threads I decided to go Madstad. I'm 5' 8" so I went with the 11". Just installed it and am very pleased, works way better than I thought. So much better than stock. Thanks forum.

Awesome..thanks

Thank you. This will help me decide as I can compare it to what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    All with 13" always in the lowest setting.

Madstad for F6B

Hey everybody. New to the forum. I just traded in my 06 Wing for an 16 F6B. Rode to Arkansas from New Mexico to pick it up. I had been doing some research on this forum and knew that I needed a Madstad, so I ordered a 17" (I am 6'5") and had it waiting for me when I returned home. I installed it today and realized I am going to return it and get the 15". I can see over it, but I have to sit straight up and lean forward, not the position I normally ride in. I have one on my NC700DCT and it made a huge difference. I knew as soon as I got on the highway that the stock shield on the F6B is pretty much useless. I'm glad I had earplugs for the ride home. Let the farkling begin!

Ride safe,
    Pikester