Sena 10 headset problems
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sena 10 headset problems

Sena 10 headset problems

We purchased Bell open face helmets that integrate the Sena 10 directly into the helmets. The idea was to go wireless instead of wired for communication.

So far we are having issues with terrible wind noise when in comm mode. I have pinpointed the wind noise coming from my wife's mic, I now have her cupping the mic while communicating which helps reduce wind noise but still not good. I posted this problem on another thread but went stale and someone pointed out that mic might be facing outward. When examining mic, it's open on both sides so I taped one side and faced it out and we still have same problem. As a side note Our F6B has the optional high windshield.

Any thoughts from users where I might be going wrong? We spent a pile and hoped for better performance, this is not good at all for the money we've invested and are frustrated.....

Did you or can you install a larger wind break? Wrong name, the black covering over the mike?

That should fix it or make it better. Foam thingy...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

If possible swap mics. Try a face shield as well. Bell helmets do have snap on face shields. My buddy's Victory creates one hell of a low pressure spot on my back when I ride it solo. Maybe it is happening and wind is gathering from the rear. A face shield may pinpoint this. Have her try another helmet, closed face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Another thought, do you know where the transducer is for the boom mic? Is it in the tip or in the receptacle where the boom fits the main assembly? If the transducer is in the main hub, there may be air slipping up the helmet past the hub and entering the boom to hub connection. Maybe some tape over the joint where the hub meets the boom. Or a scarf or muffler other neck wrap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Just saw a pic of the 10, the mic hangs below the helmet neckline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I also have a SMH10 headset, however I'm not experiencing the wind noise you have. I can travel at 70 mph an have a clear conversation. I too have the tall Honda windscreen. The only suggestion I can offer is to ensure the microphone is close to your mouth. I also read that the microphone is directional so rotate it 180 and try that. I believe there are larger foam covers.

[QUOTE=Canuck_Doug;132283]I also have a SMH10 headset, however I'm not experiencing the wind noise you have. I can travel at 70 mph an have a clear conversation. I too have the tall Honda windscreen. The only suggestion I can offer is to ensure the microphone is close to your mouth. I also read that the microphone is directional so rotate it 180 and try that. I believe there are larger foam covers.[/QUOTE
    Also on this point, make sure the side of the mike with the pick up is pointed toward your mouth.
    There is a projecting point on the mike to help you locate the pick up on the mike.
    shortleg

r

Baker Hand Wings ??? This issue is with the pillion...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck_Doug View Post
    I also have a SMH10 headset, however I'm not experiencing the wind noise you have. I can travel at 70 mph an have a clear conversation. I too have the tall Honda windscreen. The only suggestion I can offer is to ensure the microphone is close to your mouth. I also read that the microphone is directional so rotate it 180 and try that. I believe there are larger foam covers.
    +1 on the directional part. If your mic is like the one on my 20S, there is a "fin" that needs to face to the front to insure the mic is turned in the right direction. Definitely, check that.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I switched to the 20S on a Shoei RJ Platinum R...

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgey1 View Post
    We purchased Bell open face helmets that integrate the Sena 10 directly into the helmets. The idea was to go wireless instead of wired for communication.

So far we are having issues with terrible wind noise when in comm mode. I have pinpointed the wind noise coming from my wife's mic, I now have her cupping the mic while communicating which helps reduce wind noise but still not good. I posted this problem on another thread but went stale and someone pointed out that mic might be facing outward. When examining mic, it's open on both sides so I taped one side and faced it out and we still have same problem. As a side note Our F6B has the optional high windshield.

Any thoughts from users where I might be going wrong? We spent a pile and hoped for better performance, this is not good at all for the money we've invested and are frustrated.....
    ... with a face shield and have zero wind interference. Try fine tuning the VOX setting... and volume control... seemed to help a lot.