Shoei GT AIR - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoei GT AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    First shade I have seen come to touch someone's nose, there is usally a space that make it not so nice!!! Very nice fit!!!
    As I read alot of reviews on other helmets, the one thing that stuck out was the darkness and the coverage of the internal visor...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I have the Shoei MultiTech, the predecessor to the NeoTech. It’s loud, fogs worse than any helmet I have owned, and it looks HUGE on my head. I’ll be looking for something else here soon. Given the sharp decrease in my vision I feel more comfortable wearing glasses when riding/driving so the internal sun visor is a big draw for me.
    Still Wingman after the site crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I have the Shoei MultiTech, the predecessor to the NeoTech. It’s loud, fogs worse than any helmet I have owned, and it looks HUGE on my head. I’ll be looking for something else here soon. Given the sharp decrease in my vision I feel more comfortable wearing glasses when riding/driving so the internal sun visor is a big draw for me.
    I tried on a Neotec today and OMG it fits so nice. If I can afford that upgrade in the future I will get one.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-helmet

Do it, Revzilla is where I bought my GT-AIR, came in 2 days!!!! The internal visor is great, no more swapping shields or changing to sunglasses.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I tried on a Neotec today and OMG it fits so nice. If I can afford that upgrade in the future I will get one.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-helmet
    Do yourself a favor, spend the extra scratch and get a Pin-Lock shield, it will help keep the fog down enough to see in the cooler weather. I also found that this helmet doesn't flow to much air, especially with the chin spoiler on in the winter. Otherwise it’s just what you would expect from Shoei, well made, durable, I would have no proplem driving my face into the concrete with it on

Do yourself a favor, spend the extra scratch and get a Pin-Lock shield, it will help keep the fog down enough to see in the cooler weather. I also found that this helmet doesn't flow to much air, especially with the chin spoiler on in the winter. Otherwise it’s just what you would expect from Shoei, well made, durable, I would have no proplem driving my face into the concrete with it on
    The revzilla ad says the neotec comes with the pinlock. My GT-Air did also. I have never used one before...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    The revzilla ad says the neotec comes with the pinlock. My GT-Air did also. I have never used one before...
    Ugh, sorry, I got the two mixed up. Neo does, Multi doesn’t. I would like to try the GT Air, I’ll try a bigger set of cheek pads in my Multi -Tech for 25 bucks before I drop another 400 on a new helmet.

Ugh, sorry, I got the two mixed up. Neo does, Multi doesn’t. I would like to try the GT Air, I’ll try a bigger set of cheek pads in my Multi -Tech for 25 bucks before I drop another 400 on a new helmet.
    I thinned out my new GT-AIR cheek pads the second day I had it. I wasn't gonna pay $50 for slimmer pads...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I have to recommmend revzilla.com on delivery speed and price... Now for the sexy close ups...

Attachment 1767Attachment 1768Attachment 1769Attachment 1770

Maybe I'll get up early to beat that heat and try the helmet out.
    I picked up a white GT Air at the local Cycle Gear, best optics than any other helmet I've owned. Love the drop down visor. I honestly didn't notice any noise reduction from my Shoei RF however. Going with the taller windshield solved my noise problem.