Mt Washington NH - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mt Washington NH

Hi CarolinaRider,

Go for it. It’s not that bad. I rode up from FL about three years ago after buying my F6B for my 70th birthday. So even an old guy can handle it. It’s true about the pull off areas. They slant, and are deceiving to the eye. You think you are vertical but actually leaning over and need to watch out for dropping the bike! But the ride isn’t that tough, even the upper end which is the steepest and has the hairpin uphill curves. But you will see a bunch of bikes riding it, so if they can do it you can too.

Enjoy the other parts of NH, VT and ME. All really nice riding. Don’t forget to do the Kancamagas through the White Mountain Nat’l Forest..

Have fun and be safe,

WEG

thanks for the tips and info

I can echo what others have said. My wife and I rode it last year, me on the F6B and her on her scout. She was nervous due to the gravel near the top but it was well packed and not loose or deep. I would say if she wasn’t worried when we got to the top anymore.....most riders will do just fine.

When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

Mt Washington is now checked off my to do list. I just have to go back if I want a view. About Mile marker 6 we were in the clouds with about 10 foot visibility. I wasn't in Charge of the schedule or we would have went later in the day when the weather was supposed to clear up. Harley rider in Charge and well...

The F6B ran great for the 2500 Mile round trip. Met some great people along the way. We took a lot of back roads and saw quite a few TRUMP signs in the back country. First trip on the Shenandoah Valley Sky Line Dr. too. Beautiful Country.

Awesome. I live here and still haven’t done Mt Washington. I probably won’t. I did love Skyline Drive in my recent trip also. These bikes just go and go. My friend with the Indian just got it out of the shop again. A recall and a warped rotor. Neither of my two B’s have seen the dealership since purchase. I came close to an Indian the second time, and so glad I didn’t.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.