Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
.......Can you provide a link? The so-called waterproof switch that I used has done exactly what your previous switch did. If the switch gets just a little bit wet, my garage door opens or closes without my touching the button. I'd love to have one like you're showing that truly is water-resistant and is illuminated to boot.

E-Switch Anti Vandal Switchery (click me)

Lots of different variations available in each model. However, the real trick is to find the variant you need in the available inventory at a distributor. Anything not in stock means a 2+ month special order (and quite likely a minimum order number as well...I didn't look into it that far).

On mine, I really, REALLY, would have preferred ring illumination (or perhaps even one ring and one dot) as opposed to the Pwr symbols. But apparently, with the Pwr symbol my switch is a big seller...and not so much in any of the other forms (or at least that's the implication one gets by looking at everyones' inventory figures.) Couldn't find a ring light or a dot anywhere at the time. They just don't stock them.

Also, if you go this way....be sure to match your switch with your illumination power source. Even then, you'll need to put a resistor of the proper value in-line on the hot side. The switch illumination LED is TERRIBLY bright on it's own. I finally settled on 1K, but I may yet go back and put in something closer to 2K. Actually, calculations show that 600ohm should cut the stock brightness in half...but that was still too bright for my tastes.

Attachment 22229

....sT