Windscreen choice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windscreen choice

Windscreen choice

I've joined this forum because I've got my heart set on the 2015 model. I was about to buy a 2014 until I learned of the new gray model with cruise control and reverse gear.
    Anyway, after test riding one I figure I should get a taller windscreen and so I've been casting about for choices. I see Honda have a taller version but the aftermarket crowds have been extolling their own virtues. Madstad, Klock Werks, National Cycle and Bagger all seem to offer improvements over OEM.

My question is, can anyone provide their qualified opinion of their own experience with windscreen choices?

Cheers.

Are you sure the 2015 has reverse?
    I have the Bagger W.S. I think it looks great without the upper shield on and let's some wind in.
    With the upper shield on no wind, makes a nice ride. Makes it look more like a Goldwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Fair View Post
    I've joined this forum because I've got my heart set on the 2015 model. I was about to buy a 2014 until I learned of the new gray model with cruise control and reverse gear.
    Anyway, after test riding one I figure I should get a taller windscreen and so I've been casting about for choices. I see Honda have a taller version but the aftermarket crowds have been extolling their own virtues. Madstad, Klock Werks, National Cycle and Bagger all seem to offer improvements over OEM.

My question is, can anyone provide their qualified opinion of their own experience with windscreen choices?

Cheers.
    I'll offer one bit: get your seat situation sorted BEFORE you pick your windshield.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I agree w/ 53 Driver... seat first, windshield second...I have had tried Stock,Mustang and now Ultimate seats... I prefer the Ultimate...I have had 6 windshields... I proffer Clearview...if > 6' go with the large if < then 6' go with the Medium... Hope this helps...kinda like an oil thread, you may get many opinions !!!!!

I saw the reverse,cruise and ABS on other than US models...hope you enjoy the bike !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Also chose the Ultimate because I like an adjustable backrest. But, after trying several shields from Clearview and Cee Bailey, only the Madstad made the grade. It's the only one that relieved all buffeting and, as a bonus, is lower so I can clearly see over it.

This is gold.

I don't know for certain that the 2015 has reverse but a preview I read online in November touted that for the 40th anniversary edition, along with cruise control. I think it was a US review. A local agent I'd been dealing with simply texted me the January Aus launch. The black pipes appeal to me too and, they're supposed to be tuned and sound like the Valkyrie.

I had not even thought of the seat. I wasn't aware it could be considered deficient. I'd been perusing all the accessories threads looking for windscreens.
    I'm currently on a VFR800 and am completely over the buffeting and cramping knees, as a 53yo, on longer trips. It's beaut for getting to/from work, 'thou; half hour through traffic.

I'm guessing the seat changes the height and the back/front position of the ride. Two votes for Ultimate. What does that provide? I figure I'd have to be sure as I'd have to ship from US to Aus.

In terms of the w/s, I'm 5'9". I'm attracted to the Bagger versatility but it's the buffeting I'm particularly concerned about, (thanks JackB for those images). The Klock Werks lines look fine but the blurb from Madstad and National look like they have really addressed the buffeting. I have to rely on my browser searches to find an item AND an agent prepared to ship to Aus so, I don't know if I've been exposed to all the options in the US. This raises the question of a reliable international shipper.

While I might be stretching the friendship of this thread, do people have favorite or must-have accessories they'd recommend? I'm already committed to the 12 V accessory port. And, JackB you've shown me the fog lights - I've wondered how the round ones look. Thanks again.

I've tried 4 different windshields on my F6B and my favorite is the Vstream. It offers the most coverage with the least amount of turbulence. I look through this shield.

In terms of looks, I also liked the Klockwerks 14" Flare, but it didn't offer enough coverage for me. I'm considering trying out the Klockwerks shield w/vent made for the Goldwing since it's up to 4" taller than the F6B shield they offer and has a vent.

Windbender...........

I have had this since I purchased my 2013 and I wouldn't have anything else. Adjustable.....you can hear the radio at speed.........and no wind around the helmet area......Firecreek Accessories..........

Attachment 10155 Attachment 10156 Attachment 10157

Windbender

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    I have had this since I purchased my 2013 and I wouldn't have anything else. Adjustable.....you can hear the radio at speed.........and no wind around the helmet area......Firecreek Accessories......
    +1

I used the Honda OEM tall windshield. For the first 24000 miles and it was, of course, better than stock. I recently bought a tall tinted F4 Customs and really like it. Larger area helps with wind protection and the coating that allows the screen to be cleaned with household window cleaner adds to the value of their products.

Attachment 10158image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]