Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles

Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles

Hi Guys & Gals,

Long time, no post. I hope everyone is riding and doing well. I left my local dealer yesterday having gotten the 12k check up and a new pair of Dunlop Elite 4s with some goo called "Ride-On" inside them. The goo is supposed to both balance the wheels and seal punctures. Well, I don't know about the puncture part. (And hope I never do!) But the balancing part seems fantastic after the first 50 miles or so. So far, the tire change from the OEM Bridgestones seems very smooth. Given my riding style, they'll probably never get tested to their limits, but so far I'm a happy camper. It's supposed to be in the 80s today in Colorado so guess what I'll be doing.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Hi Guys & Gals,

Long time, no post. I hope everyone is riding and doing well. I left my local dealer yesterday having gotten the 12k check up and a new pair of Dunlop Elite 4s with some goo called "Ride-On" inside them. The goo is supposed to both balance the wheels and seal punctures. Well, I don't know about the puncture part. (And hope I never do!) But the balancing part seems fantastic after the first 50 miles or so. So far, the tire change from the OEM Bridgestones seems very smooth. Given my riding style, they'll probably never get tested to their limits, but so far I'm a happy camper. It's supposed to be in the 80s today in Colorado so guess what I'll be doing.
    Good choice on tires as I have the same ones and they are great so far..No "goo" inside, but they run smooth and nice enough for me so far...Ride safe

There is also a rebate on them right now.

Rebate

Yeah, the rebate is a nice, unexpected bonus. Honestly, I've never been too impressed with Dunlops in the past. They seemed a little "hard" to me without significant better wear. But I'm hoping these are the ones that make me a believer.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dunlops

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Yeah, the rebate is a nice, unexpected bonus. Honestly, I've never been too impressed with Dunlops in the past. They seemed a little "hard" to me without significant better wear. But I'm hoping these are the ones that make me a believer.
    The Elite 3's were all I would use on my M109R Suzuki I used to have and I was always pushing curves and turns and never once had them do anything but what they were supposed to do. The 3's did wear fast but I always put that back to the effect that they were eternally doing their job. Now I have an Elite 4 on the rear and will have one on the front as soon as the OEM stone wears out. The new 4's are suppose to have a hardened center for wear and a softer sideway for hanging the curves. I field tested it on my favorite curvy road right from the git go and it performed admirally for a fresh tire that is suppose to be slippery when new. It did everything I threw at it and did it very well. Some say they are more noisy than the Stone but can't hear them over the stereo so I couldn't tell you for sure on that one.

Just used the Ride On Sealant with a new CT install and have no balancing issues myself. No punctures so far either. HaHa

Bad experiences with Ride On magic goo myself. First a friend had a flat large enough that the RO would not seal it. But it did make the hole so slippery that a plug kit he also had with him would not stay in the hole making the plug kit useless. Next I had a front tire starting to bounce just a bit and put in some RE, it got worse. To top it off after removing the wheel and taking it to a shop they charged me extra to deal with the goo and get it all washed out so they could remount the tire. After a regular balance the bounce was gone. The goo is expensive does not always work makes a mess and lead weights work really good and are cheap. And besides in 15 years and 250K miles I've only had two punctures so what am I protecting against. Most recently a valve stem failed and I feel sure RE would have done nothing to help but most likely would have made a mess. Not for me with the magic goo!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Bad experiences with Ride On magic goo myself. First a friend had a flat large enough that the RO would not seal it. But it did make the hole so slippery that a plug kit he also had with him would not stay in the hole making the plug kit useless. Next I had a front tire starting to bounce just a bit and put in some RE, it got worse. To top it off after removing the wheel and taking it to a shop they charged me extra to deal with the goo and get it all washed out so they could remount the tire. After a regular balance the bounce was gone. The goo is expensive does not always work makes a mess and lead weights work really good and are cheap. And besides in 15 years and 250K miles I've only had two punctures so what am I protecting against. Most recently a valve stem failed and I feel sure RE would have done nothing to help but most likely would have made a mess. Not for me with the magic goo!
    Same as with the Slime I'd imagine? I'd never run that goo in a M/C tire but am contemplating it's use in bicycle tires.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just bought an Elite 4 rear, not fitted yet, still running an elite 3 on the front.

Cool

I would not ride very far WITH OUT ride on..., Great product and I have USED it !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com