Throttle problems on my F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throttle problems on my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    You don't use a screwdriver to drive in a nail. I am a firm believer in the right tool for the job at hand. A motorcycle needs a motorcycle tire on it, it is designed to do the job at hand and like shooter said, that is actually normal wear for us guy that had M109R's as I never saw anything over that mileage on the Suzuki either, and I still had the same right wrist twisting the throttle on that one also.

Don't knock what you have not tried !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Tires are tires are tires

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Don't knock what you have not tried !!!
    No one will ever convince me that a car tire is built to handle curves and the excessive lean angles of a motorcycle, I have seen some wrecks with guys on curves with a car tire on the back end and its simple because of the way the car tire is built and the way the motorcycle tire is built. You darksider can ride on, I don't have a problem with a car tire on your bikes, but I do have a problem with a car tire on my bike. Just saying and it is JMHO.

I'm about to put on a couple of new tyres today in fact. I'm going to go for the original ones again. The front tyre needs changing but i think i could squeeze another 3-4000km out of the rear. They have done just on 22000kms so i'm pretty happy with them.

Chris

The OEM's are great!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I used to get 10,000 out of my 9 rears....of course, everyone said I rode like a grandma. I would disagree, although I saw some crazy shyte some guys pulled that I wouldn't. Then I got hit by a car anyway
    Wayne I admit to being an aggressive rider. I don't take the corners as hard as I used to but I still like to go fast quickly. I really like a good drag race. I'm 57 but when I swing a leg over my 9 I'm 20 again. My body knows I'm 57 but my mind still thinks I'm 20. The two argue with each other all the time.

I'll bet the old man can pummel the whipper snapper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    No one will ever convince me that a car tire is built to handle curves and the excessive lean angles of a motorcycle, I have seen some wrecks with guys on curves with a car tire on the back end and its simple because of the way the car tire is built and the way the motorcycle tire is built. You darksider can ride on, I don't have a problem with a car tire on your bikes, but I do have a problem with a car tire on my bike. Just saying and it is JMHO.
    If you saw a wreck with a car tire on the rear , and I know you have cause I know you wouldn't just say it , the tire probably wasn't at fault. Unless the tire was over/under inflated. Most likely the guy was riding over his head. I can lean my B over till it pushes my pegs up , riding two up. I don't see how you can ask more of a tire. I run a Michelin Alpin. I've seen a lot of MC wrecks. 99.9% of them with MC tires. Was it the tires fault? Doubtful. Most MC wrecks that don't involve another vehicle are operator error. Road conditions shouldn't be much of a factor. You never over ride the conditions if you're smart. So I'm not buying that at CT on a MC caused a wreck. With all respect Seadog I call foul on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    If you saw a wreck with a car tire on the rear , and I know you have cause I know you wouldn't just say it , the tire probably wasn't at fault. Unless the tire was over/under inflated. Most likely the guy was riding over his head. I can lean my B over till it pushes my pegs up , riding two up. I don't see how you can ask more of a tire. I run a Michelin Alpin. I've seen a lot of MC wrecks. 99.9% of them with MC tires. Was it the tires fault? Doubtful. Most MC wrecks that don't involve another vehicle are operator error. Road conditions shouldn't be much of a factor. You never over ride the conditions if you're smart. So I'm not buying that at CT on a MC caused a wreck. With all respect Seadog I call foul on that one.
    With all the wrecks that are recorded nowadays it was just a matter of time. Maybe a more extreme alternative should be temporarily adopted so that going back to a CT seems like a sensible thing to do.
    Tractor tires?
    Then it will be "At least he's riding a CT and not one of those d4mn tractor tires!"

Haha, I looked up the Michelin Primacy run-flat on google and clicked images, only a couple pics of it mounted on cars, most shots on GL1800.

Just don't tell this guy

Attachment 17357

or this guy

Attachment 17358

or this guy

Attachment 17359

All three friends of mine and there are several others. I run bike tires myself, but I ride with these guys and others and can tell you they do just fine. Rode with 2 of them this past weekend in the Smokies.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Wayne I admit to being an aggressive rider. I don't take the corners as hard as I used to but I still like to go fast quickly. I really like a good drag race. I'm 57 but when I swing a leg over my 9 I'm 20 again. My body knows I'm 57 but my mind still thinks I'm 20. The two argue with each other all the time.
    I'm hoping to feel 20 again at some point! It might happen next week, from what I heard yesterday. A moped right now would put me in my 40's.