New hazard to be alert for while riding.... it's scary!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New hazard to be alert for while riding.... it's scary!

New hazard to be alert for while riding.... it's scary!

My wife is a RN at a major hospital system and came home the other day and told me that heroin users are now shooting up in their cars WHILE DRIVING so if they OD they can get help faster because of the accident they cause. The hospital she is at has had several cases exactly the same and the dopers told the staff they knew the squad would come and save them,... what this is nuts! We are already spending billions giving them free healthcare and meds! I have issues with this and helping them, if we would stop helping the dopers it would be a self-solving problem!!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    My wife is a RN at a major hospital system and came home the other day and told me that heroin users are now shooting up in their cars WHILE DRIVING so if they OD they can get help faster because of the accident they cause. The hospital she is at has had several cases exactly the same and the dopers told the staff they knew the squad would come and save them,... what this is nuts! We are already spending billions giving them free healthcare and meds! I have issues with this and helping them, if we would stop helping the dopers it would be a self-solving problem!!
    The selfish, narcissistic behavior baffles my mind and saddens my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    The selfish, narcissistic behavior baffles my mind and saddens my soul.
    +1 If these ignorant, stupid, pathetic, and selfish people want to kill themselves fine!!!..But shoot up in your own home and do not endanger me and mine....What a mess our country and the world is in!!!....Ride safe (If you can)...

I hate that I even started this thread because it pisses me off the more I read it in print....
    Another story to add fuel to the fire, a few years back they kept having young people coming into the ER that have OD 'ed with soda bottles of urine with them in their pockets. The staff thought for sure it was "clean" urine for piss tests somewhere, turns out it's their own urine and they were cooking the dope back out of their own urine and shooting it again...
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Hi wing'nit Thank you for posting this information and reminding everyone of yet another hazard out there. As if there weren't enough already. Right?

Having worked in public service for longer than I care to remember, the sad truth is this kind of behaviour has been going on for as long as there have been addicts. Addicts do not care who they impact or kill for that matter, as long as they can get theirs.

There was a post to FB or Instagram (I don't recall which) recently depicting a couple of shit rats that were OD'ing in their minivan with a toddler in the back seat. That went viral and I believe that was what started the millennials convulsing in their skinny jeans on this issue.

IMO we've lost a whole generation to drugs.......and we're about to lose another...because addicts are enabled by charitable societies, religious societies [the worst], and PC governments that have the misguided belief everyone can be fixed, and that's just not possible.

These low life are even worse than those driving & texting.
    IF I'm ever hit by either type, and I should happen to live thru it, they won't have to worry about a "response team" showing up; just call in the county undertaker because they're gonna look like Swiss cheese when I'm finished with em....enough is enough of this BS.

Yep, Law Enforcement in Oregon and many other states are now starting to carry Narcan or something similar so if they arrive first, they can keep'em alive til medics get there?!?!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

These people are ADDICTS... that's how addicts behave. It's not about caring about others who might be affected... it's all about themselves and how can they get their next fix.
    Just saying'.

So ride heads-up, folks. I wanna see you at the rally!!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CopperMike View Post
    Yep, Law Enforcement in Oregon and many other states are now starting to carry Narcan or something similar so if they arrive first, they can keep'em alive til medics get there?!?!
    Yeeeeaaaaahh.... don't ask me how I feel about having an emergency response system that has taken the "natural selection" OUT of "natural selection".

Because it just means I have job security!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CopperMike View Post
    And to add fuel to this fire...in most places including the town I work for they ( the PD ) can not charge them with any crime, last I checked what they are doing when they shoot up is illegal and a crime, but I digress. They are not allowed to be charged for their crime because someone called for help for them...