Is it just my eyes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just my eyes

Is it just my eyes

I am guessing it is just my getting older but it seems to me as Headlights get brighter and my eyes get older it gets more difficult to see Turn Signal lights on cars. Because of aesthetics most car manufacturers place Turn Signals right next to Headlights which make it very difficult to see the dimmer Signal. Now I realize most folks around here don't even bother to use them but for the ones that do, it would be nice if they were more distinguishable.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I am guessing it is just my getting older but it seems to me as Headlights get brighter and my eyes get older it gets more difficult to see Turn Signal lights on cars. Because of aesthetics most car manufacturers place Turn Signals right next to Headlights which make it very difficult to see the dimmer Signal. Now I realize most folks around here don't even bother to use them but for the ones that do, it would be nice if they were more distinguishable.
    Welcome to the "Over the Hill Gang" You're right about "new car" headlight/turn signal design! They are tough to see! My problem is "night driving" with the infamous oncoming headlight "halo" No eye problems according to my eye doctor! Just age

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Welcome to the "Over the Hill Gang" You're right about "new car" headlight/turn signal design! They are tough to see! My problem is "night driving" with the infamous oncoming headlight "halo" No eye problems according to my eye doctor! Just age

Well,, I guess seeing that it takes me longer to rest than it did to get tired I am defiantly in the "over the hill gang". My Doc said the same thing about the eyes.

DM,
    Have you had cataract surgery yet? I did and my eyes are really sensitive to light now. Welcome to aging.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Light Sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    DM,
    Have you had cataract surgery yet? I did and my eyes are really sensitive to light now. Welcome to aging.
    Back when I was 20 years old I was very sensitive to lights and as I got passed 60 years old my sensitivity had diminished. Then the Cataract surgery and now I am back to 20 years old light sensitivity. Unfortunately it didn't do any reversal on my age. Just my eyes!
    Car headlights and over zealous motorcycle riders putting in bulbs that are way brighter than they should be have become a problem at night. So 325 dollars later and the new night driving glasses so I am able to see at night, all it takes is money to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Back when I was 20 years old I was very sensitive to lights and as I got passed 60 years old my sensitivity had diminished. Then the Cataract surgery and now I am back to 20 years old light sensitivity. Unfortunately it didn't do any reversal on my age. Just my eyes!
    Car headlights and over zealous motorcycle riders putting in bulbs that are way brighter than they should be have become a problem at night. So 325 dollars later and the new night driving glasses so I am able to see at night, all it takes is money to compensate.
    Hey seadog at our age we're supposed to be in bed by 7 pm. not out gallivanting like a hound in heat.

I suppose you could call us

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Hey seadog at our age we're supposed to be in bed by 7 pm. not out gallivanting like a hound in heat.
    The lazyboy recliner boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    DM,
    The only surgery I have ever had on my eyes came about 25yrs ago when a sliver of steel had to be drilled out.

The rest of my body, well that's a different story,,,

I got my drivers license renewed about 3 months--- I have always been an organ donor since 16. The lady asked me if I wanted to continue. I said "Sure, if they can find anything that isn't wore out".

Seriously, the thing that kills me now is the new "Style" for 4WD pickups--you raise the front and lower the rear and that always puts the light beam burning a hole in my retina.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have always been sensitive to bright lights / even worse now or I am not willing to put up with any inconvenience these days. I am only 56 and I am quickly becoming an angry old man if I don't get my way. I only have so much time left and I am realizing that life is too short now to let someone else tell me what to do. I have spent my entire life taking care of my family. My daughters are all grown up and it is my turn now.

Steve