Hit my first deer...in my car - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit my first deer...in my car

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Uh...could one of you please open a clinic in the greater Philadelphia area? I am in dire need of an "adjustment."
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Too cold for me...

Actually, we fly to Philly when visiting my sister in law who lives in Medford Lakes NJ. My wife and I met at Rutgers, New Brunswick NJ. I love visiting New Hope PA area when we're there.

The older I get the more South I want to be. I hope to move to FL within the next five years.

Just glad to hear you're OK, Luke.
    Take some time. Thank God. Give me a call, and we'll put deer whistles on your bike and ride into the mountains.

I suppose we all have deer stories if we've got some miles behind us. One in my experience that is out of the ordinary - around 2005 I was riding home along side of my friend who just purchased a brand new Yamaha FJR 1300 that very day from a dealer about 70-miles away. About two miles from my home he went off towards his house and I continued alone to mine. It was just after sunset. When I got home I decided, as I often do when riding with someone, to call and make sure he got home safely. Well, he got home, but struck a deer just after we split up. Fortunately the damage was mostly all to the bike, he was shaken up but ok. Not a good way to break in a bike!

Glad you are ok Luke. There are some things one has no control of. I never wanted to kill two deer with Goldwings. God is always in charge. BILL....
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    Just glad to hear you're OK, Luke.
    Take some time. Thank God. Give me a call, and we'll put deer whistles on your bike and ride into the mountains.
    Hi SCMike, nice to hear from you! Yes, I'll give it a little time to recuperate, good thing its pretty chilly out right now anyway.

I read a lot about deer whistles over the years. Not sure if they work, some articles actually suggest they may attract deer.

I guess I just have to be more careful, but ultimately I hope my luck doesn't run out...

Well I never hit a deer, BUT I did hit and killed a bear on I-40 in 2012. 5 broken ribs, punctured lung and totaled out Goldwing. (that's how I got my F6B) Just search the internet for Bearman, That's me