Bike Toberfest Daytona Florida - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bike Toberfest Daytona Florida

We made it home and missed the rain tonight. Nice meeting with everyone. Thanks Steve. It was a pleasure, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    We made it home and missed the rain tonight. Nice meeting with everyone. Thanks Steve. It was a pleasure, my friend.
    So, Jimmy, you now got to meet my older Brother from Washington State.Of course I am speaking of Dale. He just had to buy one of those Red bikes, but...he is a damn fine rider, and between he and I...we will always represent the Great Pacific Northwest when you folks have these F6B gatherings down in the Southeast. It is ironic...that Dale just happens to be the one guy that actually lives closest to me...about 10 miles between our houses, and he too had his bike backed into (on this trip), and....... while he is a low-down, dirty rotten, turkey trotten, maggot eaten, flea bitten, sewer pipin' saggy sack of south siberian sheep shit all because he torn my bike into a million pieces in his shop...then he proceeds to ride down to Florida without me...laughing all the way while he pours on the miles..............I still have mad respect for Dale........and not only because my bike is being held hostage in his shop

Jimmy I hope that someday you ghet a chance to ride with Dale, as the guy knows how to ride.

I'd like to chime in and say thanks to 0080 for planning the breakfast meet. Also, Steve, great dinner suggestion at Martins. You didn't oversell the prime rib, yum That place will be on my to do list the next time I'm down that way.

What is it about F6B guys? The really old commercial used to say, "You meet the nicest guys on a Honda". Well, that applies double to F6B guys
    It was great seeing some "Franklin" friends and meeting some new guys as well.

Thanks also to Big Dawg and Skip for the company on the way down. I've got to remind myself not to try too hard to stay on Big Dawg's six when we hit the curves. It's so hilarious...that father and son team go just like anybody else on the straights but when a curve comes up...WOT I love it!

The Franklin rally next year ought to be a blast. By then, several of us will be old friends. In my case, really old Take care and ride safe!

I saw three F6B riders while at Daytona. One guy passed me and honked going south on I-95 on Wednesday and I saw a guy getting some pin stripping at a booth at the raceway. Then riding north on I-95 saw another. It could have been the same guy I saw on Wednesday had a black F6B with day glow green helmet. The weather was overly hot for me and I live in Virginia. Did visit Corbin for some seat adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I'd like to chime in and say thanks to 0080 for planning the breakfast meet. Also, Steve, great dinner suggestion at Martins. You didn't oversell the prime rib, yum That place will be on my to do list the next time I'm down that way.

What is it about F6B guys? The really old commercial used to say, "You meet the nicest guys on a Honda". Well, that applies double to F6B guys
    It was great seeing some "Franklin" friends and meeting some new guys as well.

Thanks also to Big Dawg and Skip for the company on the way down. I've got to remind myself not to try too hard to stay on Big Dawg's six when we hit the curves. It's so hilarious...that father and son team go just like anybody else on the straights but when a curve comes up...WOT I love it!

The Franklin rally next year ought to be a blast. By then, several of us will be old friends. In my case, really old Take care and ride safe!
    I hate that we missed Martins. Skip and I were staying with a good friend over on the beach (even if he does ride a harley) As we were getting ready to head up to St Augustine his Harley broke down. By the time I got the bike fixed for him it was too late for meeting you guys.

Ken, like I have mentioned many times, The curves are where all the fun is. It is easy and boring to ride fast in a straight line, It is fun and challenging to ride a bike fast in the corners!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    So, Jimmy, you now got to meet my older Brother from Washington State.Of course I am speaking of Dale. He just had to buy one of those Red bikes, but...he is a damn fine rider, and between he and I...we will always represent the Great Pacific Northwest when you folks have these F6B gatherings down in the Southeast. It is ironic...that Dale just happens to be the one guy that actually lives closest to me...about 10 miles between our houses, and he too had his bike backed into (on this trip), and....... while he is a low-down, dirty rotten, turkey trotten, maggot eaten, flea bitten, sewer pipin' saggy sack of south siberian sheep shit all because he torn my bike into a million pieces in his shop...then he proceeds to ride down to Florida without me...laughing all the way while he pours on the miles..............I still have mad respect for Dale........and not only because my bike is being held hostage in his shop

Jimmy I hope that someday you ghet a chance to ride with Dale, as the guy knows how to ride.
    Miles,

Dale and I hit it off right away. I was impressed with him an it is easy to recognize that he is a RIDER. We talked a good bit about all the drama he is having trying to get all the electrical problems sorted out on your bike. As good of friends as you guys are, I figured he would have just loaned you a bike to ride over here on. I hope you are healing up nicely and they we get to ride together again real soon.

Cool New pictures of a few fellow riders

Hi everyone,

I found these on the web, it is several in our group ride on the Loop. These are free samples hence 'proof' on them.

How about this ugly mug????

Smile

Couple of more pics I took...

Attachment 2695. Attachment 2696

Goldwing converted into F6B

I saw this 2012 Goldwing at Destination Daytona converted into F6B. It also has a Corbin seat. I think it would look a lot better if side panels were painted black instead of gray/silver.