BMW Concept 6 cylinder bagger targets F6B - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BMW Concept 6 cylinder bagger targets F6B

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Well if you want to compare apples to apples a ZX14 with bags is the same seating position and is actually a very comfortable sport tourer. You can lop off about 100 lbs and 2 seconds in that quarter mile time and add about 40 HP. All for a whole lot less money. BMW don't make a bike that compares to the B. Its unique. I've ridden my sons ZX14 many times and that BMW comes up short in every category.
    BMW is making a bike that compares to the F6B. I think thats one of the main reasons for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    The comfortable RELAXED cruising speed for me on the f6b is up to 85 mph. It is electronically limited to 124 mph, so of course you are correct it can go into the triple digits easily, but I'm looking for a 6th gear after 85 mph for relaxed cruising. The BMW already has a 6th gear and I shift to it at around 80-85 mph and it is a tall gear. Just a few stats for the curious:
    F6B 850 lbs, 118 HP, 123 torque, 11.84 1/4 mile at 110.97 mph and an electronically limited top speed of 124 mph.
    BMW 650 lbs, 160 HP, 130 torque, 10.89 1/4 mile at 122.13 mph and a non limited top speed of 155 mph.
    Okay, I am too lazy to do the research. Since you mentioned the BMW has a 6th speed, it would be interesting to know what the RPM's are compared to the F6 in top gear. Anyone know?

I am going to guess that they are real close and if anything, the BMW is actually higher. But, I am a crappy guesser ...
    Albuquerque, NM

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    BMW is making a bike that compares to the F6B. I think thats one of the main reasons for this thread.
    According to the OP its a concept bike.

I prefer this...

My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    According to the OP its a concept bike.
    I think you are referring to the Roland Sands concept design with the short screen and wood panels pictured on page one of this thread. That version is not going to production. According to the Motorcycle News article (a link is given for the article on page one of this thread as well) BMW will produce their version of this motorcycle as a 2017 model. There are pictures of their version in that article as well as on page 2 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Okay, I am too lazy to do the research. Since you mentioned the BMW has a 6th speed, it would be interesting to know what the RPM's are compared to the F6 in top gear. Anyone know?

I am going to guess that they are real close and if anything, the BMW is actually higher. But, I am a crappy guesser ...
    It's a rainy night here. I'll have to let you know if and when things dry up this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    That bike reminds me of the old Suzuki Katanas in the sense the gas tank was configured in such a way, and had such a radical front that guys I rode with used to put a pillow against their stomachs to make the reach to the bars bearable. My GPZ 1100 never had that problem, it was the F6B of its' time.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That bike reminds me of the old Suzuki Katanas in the sense the gas tank was configured in such a way, and had such a radical front that guys I rode with used to put a pillow against their stomachs to make the reach to the bars bearable. My GPZ 1100 never had that problem, it was the F6B of its' time.
    Tax - did you have the 80s GPZ or the mid 90s version?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Beemer Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    +1, the new rendering looks like their existing bikes, not like the concept.
    +2
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Tax - did you have the 80s GPZ or the mid 90s version?
    Silver 1983? or 84 I have a picture somewhere