F6B Dark Side Riders - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: F6B Dark Side Riders

How about paddle tires?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    How about paddle tires?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Just picked up a brand new take off wheel from a company doing trike conversions to F6B's , I plan on doing Sturgis this year so I will give the darkside a shot since its going to be all straight line riding should work out great .
    Then I have the other wheel to switch back for doing the back roads local .

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Just picked up a brand new take off wheel from a company doing trike conversions to F6B's , I plan on doing Sturgis this year so I will give the darkside a shot since its going to be all straight line riding should work out great .
    Then I have the other wheel to switch back for doing the back roads local .
    Not sure what CT you will select but once you encounter the Dark Side and your are comfortable with straight line riding you'll easily transition to the twisties in your back yard. Have almost 19K miles on my General G-Max which was installed a year ago. The tire handles curves as good or better than any MT. Already have another G-Max mounted on my spare rim. The current Max has several thousand miles of wear remaining. I just may see 22/24k miles of service which I'm more than satisfied with.

Keep us updated on your tire selection

Thread Interest

Wow! Originally penning the" F6B Dark Side Riders Thread" on 7-14-13 there appears to be a vast interest in the subject. As I write this post there has been over 7000 views of the thread. With all the pro's and con's of Dark Side Riding there has not been a single report of a "crash and burn" incident as the result of CT use on a F6B

I'm aware that several members of our community have transitioned to the DS and have had excellent results. If anyone has had a less than desirable experience and returned to a MT you thoughts and input would be appreciated.

For those currently running a CT a up to date report on your accumulated mileage would be appreciated

Regards and Safe Riding

Bob

Cool

DS with the Alpine....no need to return to a MT..... I will be in Franklin, NC for the rally...... if someone wants to try a bike out before you make the jump...you are welcome to ride mine!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Choosing the correct tire will be the next task , I will take a look at the General G-Max has a nice ring to it ... LOL Thanks for the heads up .
    I do like the option of a run flat tire for these heavy bikes . For a seasoned rider can't see and problems , its just a wide tire just like on a drag bike ... LOL

The major advantages with the Car Tire are mainly, more rubber on the road, even at full lean! In a panic stop, there is 4 to 5 times the contact patch since it is much wider. !0 times better grip in the rain, They last twice as long as a M/C tire, they have more side wall which allows a bit of side wall flex so it is a smoother ride especially for a passenger, The run flat will stand tall enough so that the bike won't fall over even it the tire is completely flat. (So you understand that statement; If you use a standard car tire and have a flat, with it's softer sidewall, it is very likely that the bike will sit so low in the back that it will not lean over far enough on the side stand. it will try to fall over towards riders right.) Not to mention they are cheaper! I am a fan of the Michelin and I have riden from Savannah Ga to California and back on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    The major advantages with the Car Tire are mainly, more rubber on the road, even at full lean! In a panic stop, there is 4 to 5 times the contact patch since it is much wider. !0 times better grip in the rain, They last twice as long as a M/C tire, they have more side wall which allows a bit of side wall flex so it is a smoother ride especially for a passenger, The run flat will stand tall enough so that the bike won't fall over even it the tire is completely flat. Not to mention they are cheaper! I am a fan of the Michelin and I have riden from Savannah Ga to California and back on one.
    Has anyone tried an aircraft tire yet? Now that would be sweet!

Attachment 6843

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Has anyone tried an aircraft tire yet? Now that would be sweet!

Attachment 6843
    Hmmm,

Dad had some on the front of one of his Tractor's back in Iowa,,,

A company sold the 'used' ones, complete with 'tractor' style rims, to Farmers,,,

Impervious to puncture by cornstalks, extreme load carrying capacity, and they would wear like iron.