The rocket fuel and motor oil have arrived - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rocket fuel and motor oil have arrived

Interesting stuff.I will have to check out his website.I have been using Amsoil products for many years with great results.As a prefered cust it is around 10.00 a Qt by the case and with there filters one can go 25K under normal operating conditions.When I was working I commuted 60K a year from Santa Rosa Ca to San Francisco.So 300-400K every 5 years was normal for me.Extended oil changes saved me mula and all my trucks,cars were running great with no oil burn at these high mileages.One of my Toyota trucks I sold to a buddy with 420 thousand and at 500 thousand he wanted to do a top end job and we were amazed at how clean that 4 banger looked.Synthetics have really changed how one maintains a vehicle today and 3K oil changes are just a waste of money-IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Interesting stuff.I will have to check out his website.I have been using Amsoil products for many years with great results.As a prefered cust it is around 10.00 a Qt by the case and with there filters one can go 25K under normal operating conditions.When I was working I commuted 60K a year from Santa Rosa Ca to San Francisco.So 300-400K every 5 years was normal for me.Extended oil changes saved me mula and all my trucks,cars were running great with no oil burn at these high mileages.One of my Toyota trucks I sold to a buddy with 420 thousand and at 500 thousand he wanted to do a top end job and we were amazed at how clean that 4 banger looked.Synthetics have really changed how one maintains a vehicle today and 3K oil changes are just a waste of money-IMHO.
    Wow, you knock the snot out of your oil. BTW the misses and I are heading to San Francisco in July, been to San Diego, including Coronado peninsula, and as far north as San Simeon, should be a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Wow, you knock the snot out of your oil. BTW the misses and I are heading to San Francisco in July, been to San Diego, including Coronado peninsula, and as far north as San Simeon, should be a hoot.
    Yea living in the Bay Area I had to commute those long distances to afford a home.Grew up in Marin County when it was a middle class town.Now my Mom's 60 year old track home in Corte Madera 15 miles north of San Francisco is worth 1.2 million!-She paid 18,700 in 1964 for it?You will enjoy SF it is a beautiful city with many things to see.I worked on the streets there for 30+ years as a Service Tech for Pacific Gas & Electric.After retirement we moved up to Northern Nevada and love the non stress lifestyle here.Have a safe trip.