Throttle problems on my F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throttle problems on my F6B

Throttle problems on my F6B

Evidently I have a bad case of excessive throttle use on my ride. Just took it down for it last service before winter sets in and the bike has 7000 miles on it and the rear tire is very close to the wear bars. Wore right out in 7000 miles. I am also very meticulous on keeping my air pressure right where its suppose to be so it wasn't a low pressure air problem. Just excessive acceleration, probably some right wrist trouble I think. Oh well it will have a new rear tire in the spring and see how long that one lasts.

Cool

If you are having wrist issues...I might suggest going DARKSIDE this will solve the issue !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Some people won't agree with this but 7000 ain't bad. I don't get 5000 on my 9. Same problem as you. Right wrist twist excessiveness.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    If you are having wrist issues...I might suggest going DARKSIDE this will solve the issue !!!
    There you go , starting shyt again.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    A very popular alternative to the Bridgestone G704 with many positive reviews ....

Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP Run Flat 195/55R16

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I thought it was the Michigan roads.

Tire Mileage

I did run mind 10,000 miles but the rear one was past the wear bars. I do ride pretty fast most of the time. A lot of 80 mile an hour on long trips. I have Dorn tire monitoring and run my tire pressure about 2 pounds over manufactures specs. I also have mounted on both wheels the centramatic wheel balancers to be sure tires are always balanced. Most of the people that get the 15,000 and 18,000 miles do not run that fast. I could never get any more than 10,000 on my 2008 or 2012 Gold Wing and some times I would change the rear at 8,000.

Never Happen

You don't use a screwdriver to drive in a nail. I am a firm believer in the right tool for the job at hand. A motorcycle needs a motorcycle tire on it, it is designed to do the job at hand and like shooter said, that is actually normal wear for us guy that had M109R's as I never saw anything over that mileage on the Suzuki either, and I still had the same right wrist twisting the throttle on that one also.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Some people won't agree with this but 7000 ain't bad. I don't get 5000 on my 9. Same problem as you. Right wrist twist excessiveness.
    I used to get 10,000 out of my 9 rears....of course, everyone said I rode like a grandma. I would disagree, although I saw some crazy shyte some guys pulled that I wouldn't. Then I got hit by a car anyway