Need advice on backrest
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on backrest

Need advice on backrest

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a F6B Deluxe but I need some advice. My wife was complaining about the passenger backrest. She says it too low. Has anyone done any modifications to the backrest? Thanks.
    Frank Ferrante

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on a F6B Deluxe but I need some advice. My wife was complaining about the passenger backrest. She says it too low. Has anyone done any modifications to the backrest? Thanks.
    Frank Ferrante
    http://www.corbin.com/honda/hf6bdte.shtml

You might want to actually try it out first,,,before you start throwing money...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I agree with Steve, try it out first. Then if she still doesn't like it, trade in the wife. (no, just kidding)

See what Utopia has for a passenger backrest. They are THEE place to go for a riders backrest, so they may carry a passenger backrest too. Otherwise, you may "have" to go to Corbin.

Check with the guys at Wing Stuff before you do anything..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

TennX
    Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Frank Ferrante
    I dont have a F6B yet, but I actively follow all the forums, its my understanding that ultimate will be offering a bracket to raise the passenger backrest...good luck

I bought three inch bolts,made two inch spacers,and installed these in place of the factory bolts behind the rear cover of the pad. Wife likes it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoug View Post
    I bought three inch bolts,made two inch spacers,and installed these in place of the factory bolts behind the rear cover of the pad. Wife likes it much better.
    Can you post pics? I thought about something like this, but was concerned about strength. My wife and daughter may like a little taller back rest also.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Can you post pics? I thought about something like this, but was concerned about strength. My wife and daughter may like a little taller back rest also.
    pull the back cover off ; and it will all make sense. Buy 1/2" tubing , cut too 2" long ; paint black. If I remember ;the 3" long bolts are 8x1.25? Metric something. Take the factory bolt to the store with you.

sorry -I'm not sure how to post pics.

Talking Utopia Passenger Backrest (?)

Hello All,

I a newbie to the F6B Riders, but not to motorcycles, and big Hondas. Traded a perfectly good 2010 GL1800 with 8,000 miles on it for the F6B new in the crate. I am NOT sorry I did that! No need to gush onwards about what we already know. What an awesome motorcycle.

My one beef is the passenger backrest I had the dealer install, (I did not by the deluxe F6). What is Honda thinking? I am sorry to report that this passenger backrest is woefully inadequate. Yes, I am not a young guy, and neither is the XYL. Anyhow -

I have a Utopia installed for me, but I have been looking high and low for a decent passenger backrest, the Honda-line one is kind'a silly for me and my gal age group. So far, the only off the shelf option I can find is Corbin. I have also exchanged emails with Bob at Utopia, he is willing to have a look at fabricating a passenger backrest to match the Utopia driver backrest I have. I will have to send him my Honda-line passenger backrest for him to figure out what to do. No problem there. Hopefully someone can propose a third or fourth idea, but since the F6B is so new, there are not a lot of options on the market yet.

Thanks, glad I signed up for this group, looks like a good place to be. 8-D

(maybe I'll figure out how to add a picture or two)