Break In Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break In Question

Break In Question

I searched the forum briefly but I didn't find anything on this topic.

I just purchased a new 2013 F6B on Sept. 20. I hauled it home from TN in the back of my truck. I saw in the manual that the break in mileage is 300. Easy acceleration, no prolonged constant speed, etc. I did that and now have about 340 miles or so on it. So, am I done with the break in? Can I now ride it normally and not worry about taking it easy and holding a constant speed for a day long trip?

This is the first new bike I've had since 1978 so any help would be appreciated. Also, I will post some pics some of the new bike and it's trip home. I love this bike!!!

Thanks.

Ride it like you own it!!

Your pretty much "good to go"..Some although, including myself, choose to find a short stretch of back road somewhere and while going about 30/35 jump on the throttle to red line through the gears and then back it all the way down a few times...Supposed to help lubricate the upper parts of motor and help seat the rings etc....I have no idea if it does any good at all, but I have always done it on all my new bikes and never had any issues....Worst thing to do, I am told, is to keep it at a constant speed until you have a few hundred miles on it as you apparently have....Good luck and ride safe....

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Ride it like you own it!!

OH no...ride it like you stole it !!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I purchased in Phoenix, and rode it home to Charlotte NC, in 3 days. 2230 mi. through texas, I hit 125+MPH for extended periods of time. Now, 11000 mi, and no problems. Still have the original rear tire.
    No worries.

What break in?
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Thanks guys. I've always heard these engines are pretty well bullet proof, so not much you can do to hurt them. I will ride it normally, for me, from this point forward. Just for the record, this thing handles incredible, but you all already know that. It's hard to believe a bike this size handles this well, but then again, that's why I bought it.

I rode mine like I stole it from day one! Still do, Though the Ga. Troopers slowed me down a little bit coming back from Franklin NC. and lightened my wallet $146 bucks.
    Back to riding it like I stole it here in Fl. But you can bet I'll slow up a bit this up coming weekend when I go through Ga. LOL.................Dickie

ride it like Evil Knievel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

I ride mine like I'm upside down on the loan and still making payments because well... I am. I seriously doubt I enjoy it any less than you adrenaline junkies though.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]