windshield for rain - Madstad and others
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: windshield for rain - Madstad and others

windshield for rain - Madstad and others

I am 5'4". I purchased the tall OEM windshield and am quite pleased with it for riding, but since I see through it, not over it, when it rains it gets covered with water. Since rain still hits my face, I need to use the shield on my helmet-- I normally ride without using the helmet shield. The combination of water on the helmet shield and windshield completely blinds me.

Seems to me that the only way to have a chance of seeing in the rain is to look over the windshield instead of through it. I purchased the 11" Madstad, and installed it this morn. I rode for about 90 minutes and tried it low, medium and high and at various angles. All of them leave me with quite a bit of wind in my face and more highway buffeting than what I had with my tall OEM windshield. I doubt that I would want to ride on the highway for an hour or more. I need a ride in the rain solution if I am to ride the 6 hours to the rally.

Suggestions?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Get a big biker chick for that trip, make sure she has a fresh batch of clean rags.
    Just tap her on her leg when you want her to wipe your visor.

This is the first unfavorable review I have heard about the Madstad.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Try Rainex on your helmet shield when in rain. Works for me. The rain just beads off instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I am 5'4". I purchased the tall OEM windshield and am quite pleased with it for riding, but since I see through it, not over it, when it rains it gets covered with water. Since rain still hits my face, I need to use the shield on my helmet-- I normally ride without using the helmet shield. The combination of water on the helmet shield and windshield completely blinds me.

Seems to me that the only way to have a chance of seeing in the rain is to look over the windshield instead of through it. I purchased the 11" Madstad, and installed it this morn. I rode for about 90 minutes and tried it low, medium and high and at various angles. All of them leave me with quite a bit of wind in my face and more highway buffeting than what I had with my tall OEM windshield. I doubt that I would want to ride on the highway for an hour or more. I need a ride in the rain solution if I am to ride the 6 hours to the rally.

Suggestions?
    I have a 2-1/2 day ride to the rally and back....it's not going to rain
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I have a 2-1/2 day ride to the rally and back....it's not going to rain
    Are you the gent that is meeting Shooter in MO?

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    This is the first unfavorable review I have heard about the Madstad.

i saw the great reviews also which is why I purchased it. It has a lot to do with rider size and shield height. Taller riders with taller shields may be different. The taller shields may push a larger portion of the air upward? It may also be personal tolerance for wind

shooter
    I don't know if I would use the word gent or not.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Get a big biker chick for that trip, make sure she has a fresh batch of clean rags.
    Just tap her on her leg when you want her to wipe your visor.
    Best solution I've heard!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I don't know if I would use the word gent or not.
    I alway assume someone is a gent until proven otherwise