F6B Quick Tips - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B Quick Tips

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Let's stick to tips and tricks.
    Are you saying Cheezyryder's post wasn't a tip???
    Ken (Hornblower)

Cleaning bug crap off your bikes windshield is a piece of cake using a spray bottle solution of 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1 cup water..Spray on let soak for a minute and wipe clean with a micro-fiber or cotton rag.....A whole lot cheaper than many of the products that are on the market!!!

Make sure the side stand is in the up position when pushing forward off the center stand....

Quote Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
    Make sure the side stand is in the up position when pushing forward off the center stand....
    And an addition to this....if your last main ride was a HD, remember that the side stand on the F6B does not lock in the extended position so the bike can roll forward in neutral on an incline as the side stand folds neatly into place. (Having your front wheel on the edge of a pothole, even though the area is level, counts as an incline). The upside to doing this is you get to test the crash bars which work the charm. I was lucky having forgotten this on a fairly sandy parking area....the paint on the roll bars was just scuffed a bit....the helmet falling off the bike suffered the most damage.

-Use 2nd gear when rolling around parking lots and other tight spaces.

-Engine off. When using a ramp to mount or dismount your motorcycle for transport, put the bike in gear and use the clutch for braking.

Love Bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I spray Lemon Pledge on all my chrome & paint just before going on a long distance ride, sure helps with bug guts removal after the trip as I don't clean my scoot while on a ride.
    Attachment 11766
    I wonder if that works well w/ the love bugs in FL. Those rat bastards will damned near ruin a ride and a bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

When chrome parts don't fit in with your B (such as the Egro pegs and other chrome items) a coat of PlastiDip will make them match the black power coat look for about $6 a can. If you don't like it peel it off---if you do like it and want it more permanant, spray a coat of paint primer first--then PD and it is there to stay.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    I wonder if that works well w/ the love bugs in FL. Those rat bastards will damned near ruin a ride and a bike.
    Yep it will, nothing will stick with a coat of Lemon Pledge protecting the chrome, paint & plastic.
    I've had swarms of June Bugs, Cicadas, Bumble Bees and other big, fat, juicy, gut spewing, Kamikaze crazed bug commit hara-kiri on my scoot, I have let them age for weeks at a time(I don't clean during a ride), only to remove them very easy when I got home with a wet cloth (old T-shirts) during my normal "wash the scoot after a long ride" routine after doing a pre-ride spray with Lemon Pledge.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Don't put your bike on the centerstand when it's facing uphill

Use a leaf blower or air hose to get the water out of the hinding spots when drying the bike.