Likely future F6B owner - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Likely future F6B owner

Congrats on getting the 6, I like that color.

Wow , great comeback. Nice ride too. Congratulations. That Blue looks really good. If I were to be looking at a 15, I'd sure have a hard time deciding which color.

[QUOTE=CheesyRider;35514]The F6B is on the top of my list for my next motorcycle. My current ride is a Yamaha FJR1300. It's a fine bike, but I've developed an extreme sensitivity to vibration. There's something about that inline 4-cylinder vibration I find especially unpleasant. My wife has a BMW R1200R with a boxer twin, and while it vibrates more, I don't find it nearly as bothersome.

I wasn't going to consider the F6B, but after doing some research, I concluded that a flat six powered bike is the best there is for those who hate vibration. Still, I thought for sure such a heavy bike would handle like a pig and be boring. The first dealer I went to was listed on Honda's website as having a demo F6B. It turned out they didn't, but while I was there I tried out a Honda CTX1300 and a Goldwing. The CTX1300 was truly awful. The handlebars felt completely disconnected from the front wheel, and it was gutless. Then I rode the Goldwing. The handling and power were far better than the much lighter CTX1300. While I was riding it, I thought it would be perfect with a little less weight and a more spacious saddle. So, the next day I found a F6B at a different dealer to take for a spin.

Just thought I would throw this out there....I have noticed more than one person say the CTX 1300 is underpowered. I currently own a level 3 Wing converted to an F6B and a CTX 1300 and while the CTX is not quite as smooth as the Wing (what is?), mine is just as fast if not faster than the Wing, at least up to a hundred MPH and it also handles quite well in the twisties, it just takes a bit of getting used to handlebar position and mirror location compared to the Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I wasn't going to consider the F6B, but after doing some research, I concluded that a flat six powered bike is the best there is for those who hate vibration.

Try this on a Harley, or anything else for that matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbggSSYL2Y

Truly a magical bike...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Try this on a Harley, or anything else for that matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbggSSYL2Y
    The "Nickel Trick" as it is known, has been a long time trick with the original Valkyries.

Thanks everyone! I realized I have a few more crappy photos:

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    I like that color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    That Blue looks really good.
    Thanks! The blue is really nice, especially in person. I had actually never seen a blue F6B in person until I laid eyes on mine for the first time. It is the same blue as the 2014 Valkyrie, so I figured I'd also like it on the F6B when I put down my deposit site unseen. I think it looks even better on the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Just thought I would throw this out there....I have noticed more than one person say the CTX 1300 is underpowered. I currently own a level 3 Wing converted to an F6B and a CTX 1300 and while the CTX is not quite as smooth as the Wing (what is?), mine is just as fast if not faster than the Wing, at least up to a hundred MPH and it also handles quite well in the twisties, it just takes a bit of getting used to handlebar position and mirror location compared to the Wing.
    Glad you like the CTX1300! I haven't compared magazine test stats, I just perceived it to be less powerful. Maybe if I had taken a longer test ride my opinion would have changed.

Congratulation on the new bike. Wow do you like the deep tone it makes .. yes

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Congratulation on the new bike. Wow do you like the deep tone it makes .. yes
    I love the exhaust tone! I hadn't heard the 2015 exhaust until my bike was started. The guy from the dealer who delivered the bike is a Goldwing owner. He kept going on and on about how much better the exhaust tone is on my bike compared to his.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    I love the exhaust tone! I hadn't heard the 2015 exhaust until my bike was started. The guy from the dealer who delivered the bike is a Goldwing owner. He kept going on and on about how much better the exhaust tone is on my bike compared to his.

Oh yea just wait until you get er going down down the e-way