Which Wind Screen to Buy - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which Wind Screen to Buy

Some buffeting can also come from the type helmet being worn. I have 6 helmets, 1/2 type, 3/4 type, 2 differnt full face, a modular, and an adventure style. Each one reacts slightly different with regards to "buffeting", on the same bike at identical speeds. Pick out your favorite helmet, and find a shield that works well, with it. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    Let us know if you can see over it
    My you tube review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmqHGPvorQ&t=235s

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    Watched your review and I am happy to hear you found the Madstad performs as well as my experience.A lot of riders like me put off trying the Madstad because of the looks but like you have found it really does look better in person and kind of compliments the F6B look.Looks aside who cares as it does the job it was made for so dang well.Can't hardly wait till spring so I can start putting a lot of miles behind it.

Well, I'm about 5'7 1/2" tall with an inseam of 28". I have played the windshield game too and have decided at this point, the Clear View "short" in the lowest setting works well for me. I have both models of Clear View, both are the same height. I think I like the Sport best as it gives a more breezy feeling. I keep reading all the glowing reviews of the Madstad and might just have to give one a shot. Probably wouldn't lose much if I decided it wasn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Well, I'm about 5'7 1/2" tall with an inseam of 28". I have played the windshield game too and have decided at this point, the Clear View "short" in the lowest setting works well for me. I have both models of Clear View, both are the same height. I think I like the Sport best as it gives a more breezy feeling. I keep reading all the glowing reviews of the Madstad and might just have to give one a shot. Probably wouldn't lose much if I decided it wasn't for me.
    Yep, you got to give it a try!!Attachment 26050
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Watched your review and I am happy to hear you found the Madstad performs as well as my experience.A lot of riders like me put off trying the Madstad because of the looks but like you have found it really does look better in person and kind of compliments the F6B look.Looks aside who cares as it does the job it was made for so dang well.Can't hardly wait till spring so I can start putting a lot of miles behind it.

You are not kidding it compliments it! hope these pics upload ok. I found my sweet spot for sure, it is with the shield all the way down, 15 inch here, I can see about 60 feet in front of me which is perfect. I forgot to mention I have a slightly hunched, NO board down my back, riding style and the low position with it all the way back to 65 degrees actually is perfect. I had her out for a 3 hour ride today trying different positions. When i put that thing all the way up at about 60 degrees, the back draft was pushing my head forward pretty good! If I go that high again, I am definately putting it all the way back at 65 degrees...best thing about this shield is options!! Attachment 26042Attachment 26041Attachment 26044Attachment 26045[ATTAAttachment 26048Attachment 26049Attachment 26047Attachment 26047
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Some buffeting can also come from the type helmet being worn. I have 6 helmets, 1/2 type, 3/4 type, 2 differnt full face, a modular, and an adventure style. Each one reacts slightly different with regards to "buffeting", on the same bike at identical speeds. Pick out your favorite helmet, and find a shield that works well, with it. JMO
    +1 - Same with my assorted helmets.
    19" Baggershield-
    3/4 - Unnoticeable to very little turbulence
    1/2 - Noticeable
    Full Face Arai - Very noticeable, tolerable

No turbulence - buffetting from any helmet with the 22" Baggershield quick extension up.

Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Yes, did you see where i experienced some back draft pushing head forward at the higher level? have you spend anytime 30 or more min at 80mph and experienced any of that?

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    Yes, did you see where i experienced some back draft pushing head forward at the higher level? have you spend anytime 30 or more min at 80mph and experienced any of that?
    I did about 120 miles yesterday with speeds from 75 to 80.I have it at the lowest setting and at 60 degrees and I experience no back draft and very little wind noise and very little if any head buffeting.I like looking over the top so I never tried a setting to look through it.I also have the Baker handwings which may help some with a back draft.The Bakers made a big difference when I had the 19" Baggershield so I can only assume they help with the Madstad.Plus not having a vent on the Madstad I feel the bakers will be nice in the warmer weather as they can be rotated to direct air at me.

I did about 120 miles yesterday with speeds from 75 to 80.I have it at the lowest setting and at 60 degrees and I experience no back draft and very little wind noise and very little if any head buffeting.I like looking over the top so I never tried a setting to look through it.I also have the Baker handwings which may help some with a back draft.The Bakers made a big difference when I had the 19" Baggershield so I can only assume they help with the Madstad.Plus not having a vent on the Madstad I feel the bakers will be nice in the warmer weather as they can be rotated to direct air at me.
    Yep, keep forgetting you have the handwings, I am really going to have to look at those for summer because you are correct, they really will come in handy in the summer as this shield does take out most of the wind, and 95% of the buffeting. I had a pair on my GL 1800 and they seemed to give you the most bang for your buck on air divergence, much more than the double stack on the fairing did..I lowered shield to lowest setting today and put at 65 degrees, all the way towards me, and that seems to really take out the draft buy about 80%. I may try to put back to 60 at lowest and see if i can too eliminate it...I think that is what i started out with come to think of it on first ride, and do not recall the back draft...and you saw how excited I was in the video about first trial!! LOL.