New windshield arriving today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New windshield arriving today

New windshield arriving today

A few weeks ago I posted that I had purchased and installed a Cee Baileys 11" windshield and that it was almost perfect. The key word here is "almost". I found that if I "scrunched " down a bit, the remaining wind noise went away completely. After reading the info on Clear View's site, I decided to give them a shot and ordered up their small 14" shield. If you use Clear View's method of measuring the height, the Cee Bailey 11" is actually 13" high. That makes the Clear View 1" taller, closer to the rider, and with the recurve at the top edge that is supposed to give the same results as 2 more inches. So, in theory I should be gaining 3" of wind deflection. Also, since it has mounting "slots" instead of holes, I will have another 3/4" of adjustment. The bike is sitting in the garage awaiting the transplant. The big brown truck should be here around 2:30PM.

I, too, ordered one from clearview a week ago.
    They told me about 3 weeks wait.
    How long did yours take?

I have ghetto rigged a taller shield (old Harley shield is
    "Duct taped" to the stock F6B shield for now.
    Lol.

Let us know how the new shield works for you.

shooter
    That ghetto rigging will get you in trouble BBB. Is that 200 mph tape? You gotta use the good stuff man!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    How long did yours take?

Lol.

I think it was June 18th that I ordered. It arrived about an hour and a half ago. I have it installed but no ride report. I'll try to do that tomorrow. I got the small in dark grey tint. It looks super on my black f6. Installation went well, I didn't drop any grommets down into the fairing this time.

Yeah! ... Then we will all be dying to see the pics.
    Hopefully one from the side to see the recurve, then one from the front so we can see the height and width.
    I spent a fortune on windshields and still AIN'T happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    A few weeks ago I posted that I had purchased and installed a Cee Baileys 11" windshield and that it was almost perfect. The key word here is "almost". I found that if I "scrunched " down a bit, the remaining wind noise went away completely.
    So, judging by your cracker jack research the Cee Bailey 11" is still 1" shorter than the Small (14) Clear View, no?

The top of the Baggershield is right in my eye-line and won't work. On the KW Flare (14) I'm looking right thru the flare thus I'm riding thru the fun house. It's fun sitting still, not so much at speed.

My head is spinning and my wallet is developing a binge spending disorder!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    So, judging by your cracker jack research the Cee Bailey 11" is still 1" shorter than the Small (14) Clear View, no?

The top of the Baggershield is right in my eye-line and won't work. On the KW Flare (14) I'm looking right thru the flare thus I'm riding thru the fun house. It's fun sitting still, not so much at speed.

My head is spinning and my wallet is developing a binge spending disorder!
    Cracker jack research? Not sure if you're "slammin" me but this is what I found.
    Cee Baileys and Clearview use different ways to measure their shields. I think the Clearview method is more accurate. So, using that method the 11" Cee Baileys is actually 13". This makes the small Clearview 1" higher at it's lowest setting. You can use the adjustment slots to gain another 3/4". The recurve at the top is supposed to add another 2" to the lift of the airflow.
    I'm 5'8" and can easily see over the top of both of them.

Hey, six2go -

I haven't started a windshield collection yet, and hope to avoid it.
    I don't mind the stock shield too much (have been wearing full face for many years, and never had a windshield), but am considering trying a taller shield on the F6B.
    I'm 5'8", so I'm looking forward to your post-ride feedback on the Clearview.
    It might give me a shot at being able to buy just one taller-than-stock shield, and be satisfied with it.
    Maybe.

- Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    How long did yours take?

Lol.

I have a shield you can borrow if you want until you get your new shield. I'd hate to hear about a biker who decapitated himself with a ghetto rigged windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I have a shield you can borrow if you want until you get your new shield. I'd hate to hear about a biker who decapitated himself with a ghetto rigged windshield.
    Hey, bobbyf6b -

Nice idea about lending BBB a windshield.
    And the comment about decapitation literally had me laughing out loud.

- Rich