my new mustang tuck and roll seat is not waterproof......!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: my new mustang tuck and roll seat is not waterproof......!!!

my new mustang tuck and roll seat is not waterproof......!!!

Hello everybody,
    i was so happy to receive my new mustang tuck and roll seat and to see the wonderful optical result after i installed it but....
    Yesterday evening my bike was parked outside and it was raining.
    Before to ride it i wiped the seat with a cloth and go.
    Immediatly i felt a bad sensation of wet appeared thrue my pant
    i said to myself, ok it was dark i didn't wiped the seat carefully...
    Today rain again, this time i wiped the seat with a cloth very carefully especially between the rolls and i jumped on the bike....
    Immediatly the same bad sensation and arrived at home my pant was totally wet in the bottom area. I took a look to my ass thrue a mirror and i could clearly saw the rolls wet marks on my pant !!!
    I'm totally disgusted, it means the rolls absorbe the water, means it's gone a be a big stress to ride my bike each time it will rain and i think than a seat who let the water coming inside will not live the life of the bike....At this price it's a shame!
    I paid 300$ just for the shipping so you can imagine it's hard for me to think about a resent to the supplier....
    Does anybody had the same experience? Any advice would be highly appreciate.....
    Thanks

I have just put on a Ultimate seat. I knew from research it is not water proof. They did send a seat cover for it (frog togg material) and say it is for riding in the rain as well as sitting in the rain. I went to wash my bike yesterday and debated on how much water I could get on the seat. When pulling it back into the Garage my back side wasnt wet so I guess I did ok.

Not the same as your situation but you would think a rain cover would have come with your seat for that much money and the fact it isnt waterproof.

Any seat will allow water to enter through the stitching. With a tuck & roll seat, you've got a lot of stitching and with each stitch making a hole, that's a lot places for water to enter. As an accessory, many seat manufacturers offer slip-on weatherproof rain covers for their seats. Might not look pretty, but they are functional. Another option is to seal the stitching to help slow down the absorption. I'm sure others will jump on here with additional info.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I own Corbin and Ultimate seats ..... both are NOT water proof. I do not leave my bikes un-covered in the rain.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Like all seats they are not waterproof. Mustang does sell seat covers.
    We went over and beyond to get this seat to you and also gave you an extra discount because the shipping was so expensive which has nothing to do with us. We also got the box as small as possible to send it as cheap as possible. The box is huge and we actually re-boxed it to get it as cheap as possible and even put a lower price down for your customs.
    Sorry that you are unhappy with the seat.
    We have dozens of people that are quite happy with these seats.
    I have one on my own F6B and like it quite well.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by stéphane View Post
    Hello everybody,
    i was so happy to receive my new mustang tuck and roll seat and to see the wonderful optical result after i installed it but....
    Yesterday evening my bike was parked outside and it was raining.
    Before to ride it i wiped the seat with a cloth and go.
    Immediatly i felt a bad sensation of wet appeared thrue my pant
    i said to myself, ok it was dark i didn't wiped the seat carefully...
    Today rain again, this time i wiped the seat with a cloth very carefully especially between the rolls and i jumped on the bike....
    Immediatly the same bad sensation and arrived at home my pant was totally wet in the bottom area. I took a look to my ass thrue a mirror and i could clearly saw the rolls wet marks on my pant !!!
    I'm totally disgusted, it means the rolls absorbe the water, means it's gone a be a big stress to ride my bike each time it will rain and i think than a seat who let the water coming inside will not live the life of the bike....At this price it's a shame!
    I paid 300$ just for the shipping so you can imagine it's hard for me to think about a resent to the supplier....
    Does anybody had the same experience? Any advice would be highly appreciate.....
    Thanks

Rick... does not sound like the person is up set with the sale...just the fact they were not aware if was not water proof ...they need to buy a seat condom.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Rick,
    as i told you in PM i never said it was your fault and never gave your name as guilty in my previous post. i'm totally happy with the way you purchased me this seat since the beginning to the end but i never had this kind of problem with a motorcycle seat before that's all! My post was to know if other people met this problem and have advices. if this seat is not waterproof i will have to find a way to live with it cause here it's raining often and with the original Honda seat i just had to wipe it and my bottom was dry...... i'll try to see how Mustang seat cover is looking and what about the price
    Thanks everybody for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Rick... does not sound like the person is up set with the sale...just the fact they were not aware if was not water proof ...they need to buy a seat condom.
    Seat Condom's work well when left in the rain, especially if you want a dry butt.

Merci pour l'info ! Je vais faire attention quand il pleut !

(thanks for the info, will be careful on rainy days)

I'll stick with stock. It's been thru a monsoon in South Florida, I just wipe and ride no soaked bums! See
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt