2015 Sound - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Sound

I had had enough

Enough noisy bikes, that is why I'm extremely happy with my 2015 Deluxe with the 2014 chrome pipes on it. Quiet, nice, I can listen to the stereo and not be bludgeoned by noisy exhaust tone. Suits me just fine!003.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Enough noisy bikes, that is why I'm extremely happy with my 2015 Deluxe with the 2014 chrome pipes on it. Quiet, nice, I can listen to the stereo and not be bludgeoned by noisy exhaust tone. Suits me just fine!Attachment 18726
    My stock M109 was twice as loud at idle than this 2015. I find it just right when alone. Can hardly hear it when riding with my 9'er friends. I've never been along side an earlier model to compare. I'm sure others here have and can give a true comparison. On it's own, it's pretty darn quiet, even with this newer "loud" version.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

db Meter

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Sounds like a matter that could be resolved in September w/a decibel meter, over an adult beverage.
    For entry level models at approximately $20.00 you can put this issue to rest at this years Rally!

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...z&hsimp=yhs-vz

Enough noisy bikes, that is why I'm extremely happy with my 2015 Deluxe with the 2014 chrome pipes on it. Quiet, nice, I can listen to the stereo and not be bludgeoned by noisy exhaust tone. Suits me just fine!
    +1 on what dog said. I recently installed a like new set of 2013 mufflers (including shields & tips) on my 2015 - wow, what a difference - music to my ears at last! Much quieter and no more annoying resonance and drone while accelerating in the 2K-3K range! Completely gone. I'll never go back to the 15 mufflers (and no, they're not for sale).

Like some others, I own both sets and have examined both, and yes, they are different in a few ways. Those who have said they're the same haven't done their homework. Take a look at the pics below. The exit pipe on the 13/14 muffler is short and slant cut as well as being below center on the end of the can whereas the exit pipe is centered on the end can for 2015 as well as being a different configuration. Tips are also vastly different (sorry I didn't have a pic of the 13 tip). As for the other end, when looking down the inlet with a flashlight, the 2013's have a baffle about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way to the end, whereas the 2015's baffle is 6" to 8" closer to the inlet. Don't know what prompted mother Honda to make these changes but suffice it to say that I am much happier with the 13s, it's not even a close call. Don't mean to start another controversy, just saying . . .

When i first got my 15' i thought the sound was from the engine as it was louder than expected, kinda like i supposed a Porsche flat 6 would be but i know i loved it. Over time i now realize its the pipes, absolutely perfect for me, mind you as a veteran i have hearing loss and so i could imagine some may find it a little, or a lot, too loud.

My point being and its been made many times before, every rider has different preferences. This 'sound' is mine.

I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

I've just not found the motivation to spend money on making my bike louder. I know and understand the desire to do so. I have Cobra 6 into 6 pipes on my Valkyrie and they sound awesome ( The Cobra 6-2-6 for the F6B not so much).
    However, when I'm riding by myself or in the front, I can hear my bike just fine in the twisty bits. My exhaust sound just pretty much disappears though on the highway. I've grown kind of fond of that.
    Sure, when I'm around other riders, mainly HD riders, we joke about the lack of noise coming from mine. I just crank up the stereo.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I don't understand all this fuss over sound. At the risk of sounding like an old fart let me say when we were kids we solved our sound problems on the old 327 or the 409 with a quarter inch drill to the mufflers.
    There's always the classic cloths pin and baseball card in the spokes gimmick; oh wait we really don't have spokes now. Ah progress is the problem.

Missed something

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    For those who can understand the Laws of Noise Pollution/Noise Control there are State/Federal Laws which regulate the amount of exhaust noise/note emitted by motorcycles, autos, light/heavy duty trucks and buses. The norm is usually in a range of 84/92 Decibels and is measured at variable feet distances from the source. Most Safety Inspection Stations, some Police Department and all Heavy Manufacturing Facilities have Decibel Meters which require "Certification" to assure their accuracy as their results can usually dictate the need for "Personal Hearing Protection". That said, the current argument over which year F6B has the louder/throatier stock exhaust note is easily settled. A side by test of 2013,2014 and 2015 using a Calibrated Decibel Meter will provide "proof positive" which exhaust emits the loudest note. To my knowledge all stock motorcycle mufflers carry a "embossed/engraved" Federal Warning" about modifications which would tamper/void the Factory Designed/Regulated Noise Level.

Don't kill each other over a issue, in this case "exhaust note", which is easily and accurately answered
    You need to tell that to those Harley riders with aftermarket pipes, I road next to one last year and couldn't hear myself think and had to stay ahead of him just to keep my sanity.

You need to tell that to those Harley riders with aftermarket pipes, I road next to one last year and couldn't hear myself think and had to stay ahead of him just to keep my sanity.
    Most Harley riders have loud pipes because over the years, the mentality is that the noise makes their bike go faster and therefore the dealers love to convince these riders that they need these pipes to enjoy the so-called Harley mind set!!...My neighbors have two HD's with pipes so loud that they rattle the windows in my house and sound so "obnoxious" it is sickening!!!...Just my $.02.....

I just traded in a 2014 Valkyrie for a 2016 F6B. The Valkyrie pipes were much louder. I liked the sound and it never bothered me on long rides. My buddies said it sounded like a 6 cylinder sports car. The 2016 F6B seems pretty quiet to me. The end caps were different also. The Valkyrie had 3 exit holes in each exhaust pipe, while the 2016 F6B has one larger hole in each exhaust pipe. Cannot compare the 2016 to earlier year F6B's. Just my 2 cents.