F6B With Harley Trunk - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: F6B With Harley Trunk

Cool

If you are happy, and most importantly, your wife ...then I am thrilled to death ...I also have an Ultra Classic and the pizza box does come in handy....I will post a pic tomorrow of the wife's new closet!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Also consider a lightweight aerodynamic GIVI trunk that could be quickly removable. Some come with a universal adapter base. Examples: http://giviusa.com/givi-products/cases/monolock-cases

IamBatmanF6B
    I already had this trunk for my Street Glide (quick detach) so instead of buying a new one I used it. H.D. tour packs are very nice and my wife likes the comfort. I as well like the slick look of no trunk but functionality over form for an 8 day trip.

When I sold my RG, I kept my tour pak and sold it separately, making some good money. Maybe I should have kept it??
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

WHY?

I guess to each his own.
    But then again, I have another bike I use for touring, so for those that only have the F6B..........I guess..........if it works for ya..........but it doesn't work for me!

Can you post pics of how you mounted it to the back of the F6? Looks pretty nice back there for those times when you need more luggage space. I assume it can be disconnected quickly. Nice mod and would love to see how you mounted it.

looks better than the stock trunk for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    I guess to each his own.
    But then again, I have another bike I use for touring, so for those that only have the F6B..........I guess..........if it works for ya..........but it doesn't work for me!
    For me (one bike), I like to have a trunk for long(er) trips, which happens once or twice a year. I like the option to remove the trunk when not needed.

Check out the Corbin Smuggler.

http://www.corbin.com/honda/hf6bsmug.shtml

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

What about the antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by IamBatmanF6B View Post
    Attachment 1596

Here is the back view.
    I love the look. Nice job! I took some measurements of the HD King Tour Pak, and at 26" wide, the antenna would practically be underneath the trunk. Your trunk looks like its about 23" or 24" wide, and the antenna is pushed out to the side a bit. Any problems with that?
    I'd like to mount the King Tour Pak a little higher so the antenna has enough clearance, or maybe I can re-route the antenna to the box itself. Otherwise, maybe not use the biggest tour pak HD makes. What do you think?