TORQUE LOOPS ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TORQUE LOOPS ?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNC View Post
    Looking back at the rubber stop picture in the instructions, I see that the hole is drilled off set to the front.
    Unless you do a LOT of trimming on the rubber stop, it will pretty much fill the entire indentation on the heat shield. I do notice the centerstand resting on the front third of the rubber stop so you may be right about it being biased toward the front. Still, with the size of the stop, it shouldn't be a problem. OTOH, if your centerstand is missing the indentation altogether, that's a problem.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Unless you do a LOT of trimming on the rubber stop, it will pretty much fill the entire indentation on the heat shield. I do notice the centerstand resting on the front third of the rubber stop so you may be right about it being biased toward the front. Still, with the size of the stop, it shouldn't be a problem. OTOH, if your centerstand is missing the indentation altogether, that's a problem.
    True about trimming too much, which I also did. Turned the stop around and it does better. Will get new stop anyway, since mine is blue on a black exhaust. Just pointing out my mistake to help others.

Here is how my center stand bump stop looks installed once I trimmed a tad off the outer edge of the back side that touches to conform to the curvature of the heat shield. I used a silicone spray lube then a twisting motion to get it to fit in the hole.
    Attachment 18221

I then painted the heat shields a hi-temp flat black to match the "Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde" exhaust.
    RT_close_f6b.jpg

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

My first driving impressions with the loopz are mixed. First day without rain, but roads still puddled so cannot run too hard. Drove about 20 miles back roads.

First 10 miles were bad. The bike had a very bad smell and the bike redlined at about 5K rather than 6k. Stopped and filled with gas. Started to redline as normal the bad smell lessened.

The drone never bothered me, but it is gone. The exhaust is quieter during normal acceleration and cruising. I now hear more tire, wind and alternator noise.

On hard acceleration, the exhaust is louder with a deeper/raspier tone. Likely know one else would notice the difference. Will find out tomorrow when I ride with a few hundred guys...mostly Harley and riders.

Sure hope the loopz improve power and fuel economy. I did one 5th gear test run 50 to 80 mph and was not impressed. Hopefully the computer still needs time to recalibrate.

An odd side issue is the the up shifts were hanging (not working) for the first 15 miles. For example, I would shift up to 2nd then have to shift back down to get to 2nd and 3rd. This happened at all the gears. This has never happened before. Perhaps the computer has control over shifts. Seemed to shift fine the lat five miles.

My first driving impressions with the loopz are mixed. First day without rain, but roads still puddled so cannot run too hard. Drove about 20 miles back roads.

First 10 miles were bad. The bike had a very bad smell and the bike redlined at about 5K rather than 6k. Stopped and filled with gas. Started to redline as normal the bad smell lessened.

The drone never bothered me, but it is gone. The exhaust is quieter during normal acceleration and cruising. I now hear more tire, wind and alternator noise.

On hard acceleration, the exhaust is louder with a deeper/raspier tone. Likely know one else would notice the difference. Will find out tomorrow when I ride with a few hundred guys...mostly Harley and riders.

Sure hope the loopz improve power and fuel economy. I did one 5th gear test run 50 to 80 mph and was not impressed. Hopefully the computer still needs time to recalibrate.

An odd side issue is the the up shifts were hanging (not working) for the first 15 miles. For example, I would shift up to 2nd then have to shift back down to get to 2nd and 3rd. This happened at all the gears. This has never happened before. Perhaps the computer has control over shifts. Seemed to shift fine the lat five miles.
    Still waiting on your jury. It is not so much the money as it is the job of installing them that has me on the fence. Of course you are about 100 miles away and I am wondering if you can be hired Seriously, I am not sure I want to jump on this unless it has significant benefits.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't see myself ever doing this install again....so I must keep the bike for the rest of my like.

Too each his own on exhaust changes and what ever makes one happy...I personally cannot see the sense and value in spending huge bucks and a major install headache just to, "hopefully" gain a couple of HP and sound...I am perfectly happy with my Cobra's (including a slight drone at times) as are those, I am sure, who have other exhausts and Torq Loopz. JMHO

Disconnect the neg side of the battery for 10mins or so......1/2 hour max... should be go to go.....steve
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Disconnect the neg side of the battery for 10mins or so......1/2 hour max... should be go to go.....steve
    Steve--I agree with you that an ECU reset is a very good idea when making exhaust changes and definitely when adding Loopz. Instructions for that are what you mentioned above but there are another steps recommended. Here is the procedure I used:

• Make sure the engine is cold and has sat for at least 5 hours, overnight is best

• Remove the ground (black) cable from the battery

• Let the bike sit for at least 30 minutes

• Re-attach the ground to the battery

• Start the engine, but DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE

• Allow the bike to idle until the engine warms up and you hear the radiator fans turn on
    • After the fans turn off, turn off the ignition

• Restart the bike and enjoy the ride
    Ken (Hornblower)

Don't see myself ever doing this install again....so I must keep the bike for the rest of my like.
    Sounds like you enjoyed installing the Loopz about as much as I did. I had to do mine twice for a couple of reasons. First, I wasn't careful enough about the orientation of the clamps and found they interfered with the lower panels. And, second, I wound up with leaks at the first joints between the manifolds and Loopz. The second time around, I doubled up on the gaskets and used real muffler joint sealer and that took care of that! If you're smelling any exhaust, especially when you're sitting still, you need to check for leaks.
    Ken (Hornblower)