Oh - you poor snow bound boys up north -:(

Thread: Oh - you poor snow bound boys up north -:(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You guys are just jealous . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    MAYBE...SOMETIMES...A LITTLE.
    But, at the end of the day (I hate that expression), I am where I am.

Jealous? Of what? We have vacationed in Florida several times(family's choice,not mine)and I've seen enough of it to last me several lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Jealous? Of what? We have vacationed in Florida several times(family's choice, not mine)and I've seen enough of it to last me several lifetimes.
    Ya know, you're right! After 21 years down here, I've seen enough of it too, enough for several lifetimes in fact! Maybe I should think about moving. I have to admit, I've really grown tired of the great weather, the sunshine, the beaches (and of course the babes), the 12 month riding season, Daytona bike week, the annual 12 Hours of Sebring race and well, you know, everything else we suffer with down here. I lived in Texas for a while, now there was a great place to live, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Lived in Kansas too, another great place. And I just remembered, I lived in Kentucky for a while - and oh yea, Michigan. I even lived in Taipei, Taiwan for a few years, but we won't get into that. And speaking of Indiana, when I used to belong to the BMWMOA (BMW Motorcycle Owners of America), I went down to Shakamak Lake State Park near Jasonville, IN for a rally each year. Beautiful country around there, love to go back! But ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think I should just stay here and suffer. Getting to old to move anyway, and then there's that income tax thing. But I promise, the next time I'm out riding I'll really make an effort to think about all the other places I could live. So that's it, after a lot of thought, I decided, I'm staying here!

PS: please don't take this too serious, the thread was meant to be humorous

Ya know, you're right! After 21 years down here, I've seen enough of it too, enough for several lifetimes in fact! Maybe I should think about moving. I have to admit, I've really grown tired of the great weather, the sunshine, the beaches (and of course the babes), the 12 month riding season, Daytona bike week, the annual 12 Hours of Sebring race and well, you know, everything else we suffer with down here. I lived in Texas for a while, now there was a great place to live, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Lived in Kansas too, another great place. And I just remembered, I lived in Kentucky for a while - and oh yea, Michigan. I even lived in Taipei, Taiwan for a few years, but we won't get into that. And speaking of Indiana, when I used to belong to the BMWMOA (BMW Motorcycle Owners of America), I went down to Shakamak Lake State Park near Jasonville, IN for a rally each year. Beautiful country around there, love to go back! But ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think I should just stay here and suffer. Getting to old to move anyway, and then there's that income tax thing. But I promise, the next time I'm out riding I'll really make an effort to think about all the other places I could live. So that's it, after a lot of thought, I decided, I'm staying here!

PS: please don't take this too serious, the thread was meant to be humorous
    There is something really satisfying about thinking of all the places you could live...and have the means to, and deciding that where you are is the best choice...the grass only seems greener for a minute. If it seems greener for much longer- it might be time to move. Good thread.

Over here in Kansas...

...if you don't like the weather, just wait half a day. This time of year we typically start out somewhere in the 40's and end up in the 60's or 70's. Although, I have a feeling those upper temps are coming to an end soon.

Give me 2 - 3 weeks of winter, ALL with snow, and then I'm good with 60's and above the rest of the year. I'd MUCH rather endure the hot than the cold.
    Psalm 34