Test Road on the 6 from the VTX1800r Guy

Thread: Test Road on the 6 from the VTX1800r Guy

Test Road on the 6 from the VTX1800r Guy

First of all, i'd like to thank all of you for the answers about my questions concerning the appreciation and the differences between the X and the 6.
    i did my test road this morning, over an hour, all alone, with the bike from the dealer.
    Sunny day, great temperature, no traffic.
    This morning i was really in a position to appreciate the road.
    Was a test drive... so i tested drive it!
    Amazing. Powerful, easy going, incredible in curves (still don t get it about the comments on scratching the pegs). Abs breaks are solids!

What i missed? beh.....! a 11 or 13 windshield (i m 5,10) and floorboards (still not sure do. big feet... afraid they will be to much backward compare to the vtx which i loved on that point so i will see) and highway pegs!
    The actual pegs, from my point of view were a little too small for my big feet...

Negative point could be a few pieces of plastic seemed... hum.... el cheapo. I SAID FEW PIECES!

WHAT i'd like to add? heated grips, fogs, highway pegs, access plug, back rest and rack, windshield 11 or 13, floorboards(?), and .... just a little chrome (can t help it)

Special needs : -I d like to find a small medium trunk easy to fix and easy to take out on the small rack. (no round givi ones... sorry... i don t like)
    - A nice bra to cover the fairing for long rides (bugs had a party on my fairing this morning... dirty job and i'm not cleaning it this time!)

I will try to find all the good parts at a good price (let me know if i missed something)

After coming home from my test drive, i looked at my Sweet Vtx.... told her i loved her but i had to let her go for another one.
    Love is a strong thing. Can't fight against it.

i already have a buyer for my VTX...

I'm going out of country in july so i will get it in august.
    i will give a deposit on my futur love to reserve it. she will be mine.

Any advises or comments, i'll be listening.
    thanks again, you were right :........... i just love this bike

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

WELCOME!!!!

Tough decision my friend, but you will not regret it as you become more used to the F6B...It is one super ride and I really love mine so far!!

I don't miss the VTX........the F6B is BEAST!

Test Rides in Virginia

I sure would like to do a test ride in Virginia but none of the local dealers do that.

Small Trunk

I fitted a small (35 ltr) Honda trunk. Can be used as a backrest with pillion passenger, or remove when riding solo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Without Small Trunk

I should have included this photo showing the trunk removed. Genuine Honda rack and trunk from a CBF1000 FA, adapted with the use of rack mounting brackets from Pete at MP3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJePH View Post
    I sure would like to do a test ride in Virginia but none of the local dealers do that.
    Sorry to hear about that. They all should offer it. The more people try it the more they will get addictive ones! Good luck buddy! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Slingah View Post
    I don't miss the VTX........the F6B is BEAST!
    After my great test drive i can tell you.... You are right! Wow ! And wow again! Delivery bext week! Could not wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the bike View Post
    I fitted a small (35 ltr) Honda trunk. Can be used as a backrest with pillion passenger, or remove when riding solo.
    Thanks for the tip! I will take a look!