Future Classics
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future Classics

Future Classics

I just read this article and it got me thinking: https://rideapart.com/articles/watso...ic-motorcycles

I'm a bad one to be playing this game because I've got quirky tastes. A lot of the fairly old bikes I like aren't that collectible. (Like the original GL1000 for instance.) But of ones that have come out in the last 10-20 years, which do you folks might be worth something as a "cult favorite" at the very least some time down the line?

For me, The Suzuki M109R would be one. The Piaggio MP3 would be another. The Victory Vision maybe? Maybe a particular Triumph Rocket III model?

It has me wondering about our beloved F6Bs. I think they could definitely fall into this "future classic" category -- particularly if they get discontinued some time soon as some have suggested. That has me wondering about the mods I'm planning and that I've already made. Seems like the more virgin, the more collectible vehicles are. Nothing I've done so far is real "permanent." Since I'm hoping to keep this bike long term, I'm wondering whether it would be smart in some ways to keep it that way. Not that I have a history of doing the smart thing...
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    Well I'm lucky. I own one of the nicest M109Rs around. Yeah it may be a classic one day. I love my B also. I don't think it will ever be a classic. Mod away. Make it yours. Every classic should be unique.

I think the original Valkyries should be considered a classic. Although my taste can be a little quirky also. I think the 79-82 750 Super Sport is classic. I am currently restoring one.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I think the original Valkyries should be considered a classic. Although my taste can be a little quirky also. I think the 79-82 750 Super Sport is classic. I am currently restoring one.
    I think the Valkyrie can already be considered a classic and also the CB750 Four.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Well I'm lucky. I own one of the nicest M109Rs around. Yeah it may be a classic one day. I love my B also. I don't think it will ever be a classic. Mod away. Make it yours. Every classic should be unique.
    Why do you think the B won't be? (My M109R was pretty darn nice too!)

Attachment 9289
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To me the Yamaha VMAX is already a classic, it has more if a cult following but it's an awesome machine. I'd love to have one in the garage next to the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    To me the Yamaha VMAX is already a classic, it has more if a cult following but it's an awesome machine. I'd love to have one in the garage next to the F6B.
    Yup. Good one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How about the B-King? One year production (2008 for the US) and will still beat out any "naked" sportbike. Along with the RE5, these are two bikes that Suzuki should have never produced. I have a B-King and keep trying to decide if I should sell it or keep it.

Attachment 9290 Attachment 9291
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

Quote Originally Posted by Reedman71 View Post
    How about the B-King? One year production (2008 for the US) and will still beat out any "naked" sportbike. Along with the RE5, these are two bikes that Suzuki should have never produced. I have a B-King and keep trying to decide if I should sell it or keep it.

I don't know the bikes. But if you think the one you own might become a classic, I'd keep it if I could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Reedman71 View Post

VALKYRIE , VALKYRIE , VALKYRIE