SpeedoHealer install? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SpeedoHealer install?

Whats the other country not using metric... England?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Don't get your feathers all ruffled

You said earlier you were off -6% at all speeds... that's where the linearity came from.
    Sorry, my error, average of 6 kph. The calculator online from SpeedoHealer asks for the deviation specifically at 100 kph to come up with the correction factor of -6%. SpeedoHealer and all the Healtech electronics are made in Hungary. That's why it's all metric.

I should be getting the Speedohealer, and digital gear readout on Friday. I'll install them this weekend when I also change my turn signal flasher over to the electronic LED version. I have to remove/loosen the top shelter and display to get at the turn signal relay, remove the seat to get at the DLC for the gear indicator, and get access to the VSS connector just rearward of the right radiator for the SpeedoHealer. It shouldn't take longer than 1 hour, I hope.

The 3 countries not on the metric system in the entire world are Liberia, Myanmar, and the United States of America.
    You keep good company!

Just call us the Three Stooges. We were serious back in the 1980's about going metric... yeah, real serious

Well, blaze the trail with this Healtech stuff. I see myself getting their gear indicator... but I'm really interested in that "OBD" tool. I want to look at the engine control parameters (ignition timing, injector pulse width, etc)... but I'm not even sure if that's possible.

Sorry. I didn't mean to start an argument. I live in the suburbs of NYC. And the speed limit pretty much everywhere around here is 30 mph, I do 40 and you still have people riding up your butt and on the nys thruway the limit is 65 and its like a racetrack. Again , I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    Sorry. I didn't mean to start an argument. I live in the suburbs of NYC. And the speed limit pretty much everywhere around here is 30 mph, I do 40 and you still have people riding up your butt and on the nys thruway the limit is 65 and its like a racetrack. Again , I'm sorry.
    It's OK. We all learned something through this thread. That's the great benefit of belonging to a forum. I plan to take some pics of my 3 installs and provide descriptions so going forward other members will have a resource.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I see myself getting their gear indicator... but I'm really interested in that "OBD" tool. I want to look at the engine control parameters (ignition timing, injector pulse width, etc)... but I'm not even sure if that's possible.
    The OBD tool will let you look at those parameters, but then what?
    Can you flash the ECU?
    Their FI Tuner Pro is not compatible with the Honda ECU. Would you be looking at a Power Commander?

Just a note, even though my speedo is off 5 or 6% the odometer is spot on. I ve checked it numerous times.

Racking up excess mileage...

For every 30 real miles, my ODO ticks 31 miles.
    Dont know if that's good, bad, or average.

Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The OBD tool will let you look at those parameters, but then what?
    Can you flash the ECU?
    Their FI Tuner Pro is not compatible with the Honda ECU. Would you be looking at a Power Commander?
    Nice... do you have the OBD tool? How did you figure out those parameters are available? What others are available?

I don't know if the ECU can be flashed or not. My (limited) understanding is that it cannot be, however, Guhl Motors appears to be selling a reflashed ECU that richens the fuel mixture for guys that have The Stumble... so idk. But when I hear "reflash", to me that means that the maps have been altered and then re-written to the ECU. I don't know if Guhl is actually doing this, or using some trick to alter the injector pulse width.

I'd love to put a small turbo on my bike. There's a guy somewhere who put one on his GL1800 and it mounted VERY cleanly and hidden behind the license plate. I don't recall what he did for tuning, but I'd want to have full tuning capability and at this point I think that means going to an aftermarket ECU.

Me asking about the OBD tool is just me trying to understand the bike... whats available... whats not available... finding a decent datalogging tool... etc.

I'm a tinkerer... I enjoy automotive electronics... I enjoy powerful vehicles. I put a twin-screw supercharger on my Chrysler 300 SRT8 and at 8psi of boost it pushes about 600 hp to the crank. My car is fully instrumented to help me monitor the systems that will keep it from blowing up... in addition to a few more parameters that I watch and experiment with for future modifications.

I use a Diablosport Trinity to pull parameters from my car's OBDII port. I realize our bikes are not OBD compliant... but this is where I'd like to be... to have the ability to datalog, store, and replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post