Does anyone use a 20" windshield? I am considering one - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone use a 20" windshield? I am considering one

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I had thought about this the last time you posted it. It seems it is a mixed bag.

At least you could stand up and have a clear view. If it hit your face shield or your glasses, you might at best have a smeared view.

Not arguing, just giving another point of view. I have both shields, two that I look over and one that I look through. The look over ones look the coolest, of course. But on a cross country trip, I think I prefer the tall shield.

Also getting hit in the face with big hard bugs, let alone a small rock is painful and quite startling at the moment. Just my .02 and not worth a penny more!
    Standing up on the pegs at 60+ mph is not to be taken lightly.
    I confess I practice standing on the pegs at various speeds up to 70 on all my bikes.
    This was a trained response to a situation.
    Had I not practiced standing on the pegs, I might not have had the presence of mind to do so as rapidly as I did and the story might have ended differently.

I REALLY enjoy my Madstad throwing everything over my head these days and still let me look over the shield.
    My full face helmet takes care of the ones that get through that gauntlet of air.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Standing up on the pegs at 60+ mph is not to be taken lightly.
    I confess I practice standing on the pegs at various speeds up to 70 on all my bikes.
    This was a trained response to a situation.
    Had I not practiced standing on the pegs, I might not have had the presence of mind to do so as rapidly as I did and the story might have ended differently.

I REALLY enjoy my Madstad throwing everything over my head these days and still let me look over the shield.
    My full face helmet takes care of the ones that get through that gauntlet of air.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I like to look over, but I also wear a full face helmet. Looking through feels sketchy to me, but I come from sport bikes and naked bike world.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa