50 Greatest Motorcycles ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 Greatest Motorcycles ?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

What page is the GL1800 on?

The original CB750 is only #38.
    Weird list with some real weirdo bikes in it.

shooter
    I agree with you bird. It seems everyone had a CB750. Me included. Should have made top 20 at least.

Yeah... quite a bit of homage paid.

How can the premier touring bike for over a decade with gazillions of road miles not make the list? At least the Rune was #39 (or was it 36).

'Greatest' is the wrong word for that list.

I'd go with 'Iconic', 'Unique' or 'Game-changing'.

For example, that Yamaha GTS-1000 was a real dog and never sold well. But it had a single sided fork, so it made the list.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

For me , the most beautiful bikes were BMWs made before IIWW . The "greatest" was my first Jawa 250 , which has open for me all new world of joy and excitement . Fair enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Yeah... quite a bit of homage paid.

How can the premier touring bike for over a decade with gazillions of road miles not make the list? At least the Rune was #39 (or was it 36).
    It will be # 1 on the list in 2053 or latest 2054 - take my word .

shooter
    OK , let me start by saying I'm just a redneck biker. Now I can get to it. Whoever made this list is crazy. Not cause my bike didn't make it. Cause the number one bike is a limited production racer that hasnt sold enough models to say its number one. I don't see it in Moto GP. Sometimes people that make these lists are weird azz. I believe the GL 1800 should have made the list. Honda had more bikes on the list than anyone. Some of those bikes were so limited in production almost no one has heard of them. At least no HD made the list. It wouldn't be the list I would make. I realize that this is a "world" list. Probably more MCs abroard than here. I think we set the pace for popular MCs. They ride a lot of scooters across the pond.

I seen a few of these 50 of the greatest ... At one point in my life many moons ago the Honda Mini Trail 50 was the greatest bike ever made ... LOL