Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade

Thread: Aftermarket Exhaust Upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was told by a Honda rep. NOT to reset my ECM, it was designed to do that itself, after installing torque loops & pipes. I did not reset it & it's running great. Took about 40-60 miles for it to figure it out but it's doing just fine. It was a tad rich at first.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I was told by a Honda rep. NOT to reset my ECM, it was designed to do that itself, after installing torque loops & pipes. I did not reset it & it's running great. Took about 40-60 miles for it to figure it out but it's doing just fine. It was a tad rich at first.
    Yeap, my advice too. I run torque loops and a Jekill & Hide electrically controlled, adjustable, open exhaust system with no issues. The ECU reads all of the B's sensor's data as it is being ridden and will self adjust within certain built in parameters which you will never exceed by changing the exhaust system or the type of air filter used.

I know all about the great debate on resetting the ECU to stop cold stumble and some say it helps, but I have never had that problem on any of my EFI Hondas, nor noticed any difference after trying the generally recommended ECU reset procedure which I did for grins and giggles.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yeap, my advice too. I run torque loops and a Jekill & Hide electrically controlled, adjustable, open exhaust system with no issues. The ECU reads all of the B's sensor's data as it is being ridden and will self adjust within certain built in parameters which you will never exceed by changing the exhaust system or the type of air filter used.

I know all about the great debate on resetting the ECU to stop cold stumble and some say it helps, but I have never had that problem on any of my EFI Hondas, nor noticed any difference after trying the generally recommended ECU reset procedure which I did for grins and giggles.
    I also tried the ECU re-set a while back after much debate on this forum....Noticed absolutely nothing changed, including the cold stumble, and all it did was use some fuel and time for nothing...My dealer guys said this procedure is a total waste of time and effort......Regards and ride safe