Here's the Bike I'm waiting for... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here's the Bike I'm waiting for...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The EVO 6 was concept bike. I don't remember reading anything about it actually functioning. It looks cool,but who would really want to sit on that seat for long? The Rune had the radiator up front, but to achieve this in a functioning bike, it would have required a longer wheelbase like the Rune has.
    Rune was a concept design as well , made and sold to few enthusiasts , who recognized simple beauty , uniqueness and artistic similarity to Evo 6 . That's the reason , why I bought it and enjoy for cruising around . For longer trips - F6B serves me too .http://hondaf6b.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I don't know, these Corbin Bags on the Valkyrie make it pretty sweet in my opinion.

Attachment 9915Attachment 9916
    I have to agree. Looks much better. The front of the bike still doesn't do it for me.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

I have been wanting the EVO 6 for several years ...

ONE negative feature was that it was designed with a CHAIN drive, but I could accept that.

This EVO6 has been around for a while and every time I see it ... I get a woody but then I come back to reality
    Attached Images Attached Images

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

I have been wanting the EVO 6 for several years ...

ONE negative feature was that it was designed with a CHAIN drive, but I could accept that.

This EVO6 has been around for a while and every time I see it ... I get a woody but then I come back to reality

As you know , chain is only applied for the one purpose - increased performance . With clever re-engineering and right tuning , Honda 1800 ccm , 6 cyl. could generate 2 x more power . Do you imagine Evo 6 with 200 HP ? It is still possible .

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    As you know , chain is only applied for the one purpose - increased performance . With clever re-engineering and right tuning , Honda 1800 ccm , 6 cyl. could generate 2 x more power . Do you imagine Evo 6 with 200 HP ? It is still possible .
    I agree and it could possibly give the Yamaha V-MAX a run for the money.

My days of feeling invincible are behind me so the extra Horse Power and Speed is not something I would need.

My first bike (1985) was a 1984 Yamaha FJ1100 with 125HP and that bike made me feel like superman, scared me a couple of times but was a great bike. I currently own a Kawasaki ZZR1200 with 165HP, that bike has made me pucker my butt cheeks just in 2nd gear. I guess wisdom and responsibilities have made me appreciate my 118 HP Goldwing and it's close to flawless performance. I don't need any more "performance" awards from the local sherif. 200HP would be cool but I would be happy with 150HP and still have a awesome looking Honda EVO6 with a proven engine.

Let's ride

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I agree and it could possibly give the Yamaha V-MAX a run for the money.

My days of feeling invincible are behind me so the extra Horse Power and Speed is not something I would need.

My first bike (1985) was a 1984 Yamaha FJ1100 with 125HP and that bike made me feel like superman, scared me a couple of times but was a great bike. I currently own a Kawasaki ZZR1200 with 165HP, that bike has made me pucker my butt cheeks just in 2nd gear. I guess wisdom and responsibilities have made me appreciate my 118 HP Goldwing and it's close to flawless performance. I don't need any more "performance" awards from the local sherif. 200HP would be cool but I would be happy with 150HP and still have a awesome looking Honda EVO6 with a proven engine.

Let's ride
    I wish to have all those bikes which I rode in the past . For now I'll keep my Rune & F6B in garage and dream about Evo6 to be amused . Do you remember your childhood ? We never had enough toys . For that purpose I didn't grew up yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Rune was a concept design as well , made and sold to few enthusiasts , who recognized simple beauty , uniqueness and artistic similarity to Evo 6 . That's the reason , why I bought it and enjoy for cruising around . For longer trips - F6B serves me too .http://hondaf6b.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
    "artistic similarity to Evo 6" Other than 2 wheels and a flat six engine I don't see that. It would have been a cool ride ,but really only if it had heralded in a new flat six engine with say DOHCs and 4 valves per cylinder. Then that could find it's way into the rest of the GoldWing line. Now that would be cool. I won't trade in for cruise control. but 150 or more ponies. Game on.

Attachment 9924Attachment 9925

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I can't get past the front of the handlebars to the front axle. It just doesn't look finished. My very humble, (and sometimes ill-informed) opinion.
    The whole bike just doesn't work for me. Rather own an old one.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Probably never be built...

Attachment 9911
    This bike has already been built, take a look at the BMW R nine T.
    ... What we really want mother Honda to build is a cross between a F6B and Rune.

Attachment 9926

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    This bike has already been built, take a look at the BMW R nine T.
    ... What we really want mother Honda to build is a cross between a F6B and Rune.

Attachment 9926
    That's the point fellow enthusiasts !!! R nine T is a hot cake in Europe and in US dealers taking hefty deposits on it . In today's market , not only performance is evaluated , but that look , which is not recognized by many . Esthetics and functionality should match people's desires . How in heavens new Valkyrie can be customized with aftermarket gadgets , when F6B has it all ? The best option would be to expect from factories to build the bikes "a la carte" . It could be better for them in sales and for customers too.