We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct

We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct

A group of friends were standing talking about my B. Somebody asked what it was and before I could reply, one of my buddies said "It is a poor man's Goldwing". That response kinda hit my button. I bought my B for the bad azz style and attitude, while at the same time, I get some decent wind management and some tunes. The idea that I could not--or choose not to buy a full blown dresser got my attention.

However...........................................

When you read a lot of the posts----and read the complaints, it does seem that a lot of guys buy the B and then imeditaely start to add stuff to make it a Goldwing. Yes, it needs another shield just to listen to the radio. I am going to add the heated grips and the Klock Werks is on the way. I have plans for lights and LED upgrades, too. Then there is the issue of no cruise and well, I think you get my point.

While it ticks me off, it is true that it seems that almost EVERYBODY here has done something. Guys who buy CBRs, dirt bikes, and a lot of other models don't GENERALLY start changing things the first week. (Cruiser riders don't count)

Not trying to start an argument, but I do wonder if the design team that came up with the idea of the B ever thought that their owners would want to change so much of their product before they got it home?

I have never owned a bike in 45 years that I have not added or done a change to.If I wanted a dresser full Wing I would of bought one.Price was not the reason I went with the F6b it was the fact that at 6'5" and going around 380 or so this one fit me right.Not cramped in the cockpit like the full dress Wing and I don't want all the so called bells and whistles some seem to need on there ride.To me this is the "Perfect" bike,best I have ever owned in 20 or so rides over the years.Plus what others think has no effect in my thought process any more-one of the better things that come with reaching my age group.

He's just jealous. At around $20k it's hardly a poor mans bike. It's the most expensive one I've ever bought. I think of it as "not your fathers Goldwing".

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    He's just jealous. At around $20k it's hardly a poor mans bike. It's the most expensive one I've ever bought. I think of it as "not your fathers Goldwing".
    Just remind him it'll still smoke his ride. Keeps you humble the rest of the time, until the next throttle twisting facedown.
    ss^,
    Ken

I have told people that it is a strip-down Goldwing. I also said my Valkyrie was also a strip-down wing but a friend also would say it was a Goldwing-want-a-be. It all about having fun with your ride.

Good comments from all..Me, personally, I don't give a "rats putoot" how others see or perceive my F6B or what they call it..I love the thing and intend to ride it for a long time...Set up the way I want, painted the way I want, and runs like I want....One of the best bikes, if not the best, I have owned/ridden in almost 60 years of riding.....Regards and ride safe

Money was not a factor in my decision to buy the F6B over a Goldwing. The Goldwing wasn't even a consideration for me when I was looking at new bikes. It was between the F6B and the Indian Chieftain. Chose the F6B over the Indian because of the smooth ride, awesome power and great handling. Honda's reliability was just icing on the cake.

If I wanted a full blown Wing that's what I would have bought, but like I said I have no interest in one. Don't need the trunk, reverse gear and other extra do dads that add weight and lessen the handling and power of the world class Flat 6 motor.

Adding extras:
    - Fog lights (there was a place for them - needed to be filled)
    - headlight protectors (duh)
    - bright tail light bits (being seen rocks!)
    - belly pan (protecting my pretty girl's undercarriage)
    - Hambley custom badges (buying her jewelry)
    - Smuggler solo seat (I'm her one and only)

Not exactly "full dresser" mods.

Nothing "poor" about this bike.
    Could have purchased a Full Wing.
    F6B fit better.
    Yes there are some OCD impulse buyers out there that need to try everything in sight, but when you look at their bike? Looks pretty clean.
    The 1% that get all the GW options as add-ons? Can't help you there.

Bottom line: to each his own. Judge your own ride, offer polite opinions on others' rides. Be prepared to defend your opinions or run, as necessary.

Cheers,
    Steve

I bought my B because it wasn't a Wing despite what the little badge says. I bought it because it was a bad ass bagger. I have no desire to change anything that takes away from its basic design, I don't want a trunk, I don't want a tall windshield, I don't want a ton of extra buttons and controls (cruise control exempt from that statement) This is not my poor mans Goldwing, this is my badass bagger.

I won't lie..money was an issue in my purchase or I wouldn't have waited for a 2yr old left over model. Not that I couldn't afford it but didn't want a wing. Now I wouldn't have bought a full blown wing any way but I can see that in my future. This is a sweet bike and I never have been one to give a rats @ss about what others think. People customize everything around here even if a rocket had an extended swing arm...my bike= my rules.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......