Ultimate Seat..... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Seat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Richie...send them to me ...I will help you !
    Thanks Steve, Was going to send pictures to you and lost them in my attempt. I just called Mark at Mustang and left a message for him to resend the pictures and will try again.
    Mark may be at bike week. Again the seat does look good.
    Richie

Smile News on Ultimate and Mustang Seats

OK, went to Ultimate Seats store at Destination Daytona. I was shown a picture of F6B seat on iphone, foam only. Very nice shape, wider for passenger than stock. I was also told it will be deeper foam layer than stock for passenger, and this seat is midrider kind. Seat will accept backrests which will be removable. Cover is already made, they are waiting for seat to come back with reshaped foam to put cover on it.

Even though I saw pictures of the seat on iphone I was told I won't be allowed to get any pictures and post it here. Ultimate will release pictures when seat is finalized, not before. I was told maybe another two weeks. I was shown a black seatless F6B in their garage area which is being used for making the new seat, so definitely coming soon. No price yet either.

Midrider seat will put you in about the same as stock position. Months later Ultimate will release King seat which will seat the rider about 2-3 inches more back.

Then I went to Mustang Seats, no pictures either but the gentleman I spoke with said he saw the seat for F6B, it is finished, only waiting to figure out the price point. There will be options, such as different seat inserts in colors etc. He told me it will be available very soon, maybe even next week. No price available yet.

fl1madmax

Every body has a different Agenda, I love the Wind, at 45mph and 100mph

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Now, let's all agree to be polite here...okay ?

I can appreciate that many of you do not like to ride a lot of miles on any given day. That is your choice, and I am not going to be critical of you for riding 200 to 500 miles in a day. Ride the way you want to, and I will not demean you for doing so. On the same note...I would ask that you not demean me or others than want to do 1000+ miles a day. That is our choice. I do not think less of you because you "choose" to ride 300 miles a day, and stop and smell the roses...as you call it. So, out of respect, please do not think less of me because I do ride 1000+ miles a day, and do my own version of smelling the roses.

Now, that is saying it nicely...politely.

I could defend my ways and methods of riding with a lot more fervor, and I could be critical of the very few miles that some of you ride, but what would be the point ? We each ride our own bikes...individually...at our own pace. You do your thing...and I will do my thing.

But I will defend one point that was made in criticism...and that was the statement that, "And your product endorsements are no more important than anyone else". The word..."important" is a subjective word, that carries no specific value. Therefore I am forced to agree that your statement is not incorrect. However, to put a fine point on this...my product endorsements based on my motorcycle riding experiences carry more weight than a rider than has ridden 1/10th the mileage I have. Now, that is a statement that declares a value, because...if I have ridden more than 1,000,000 miles over the course of 43 years, and I endorse a product, it means more to the riding community than a rider that has ridden 100,000 miles, over the same 43 year time span.

If a person does not agree with my opinion on a product endorsement, they are free to choose whatever product they want to use. Example, I have very clearly stated that a Russell Day-Long saddle is NOT for everyone. I have stated that it is for people that like to ride longer distances, and for people that have bad backs, injured backs, etc. And yet, I almost always put in the disclaimer that every butt is different, and...if your seat works for you, and you are happy with it, then it is the best seat for you.

No one here is forcing anyone else to go out and buy a product. But common sense...and logic...would dictate that if Rider A rides 45,000 miles a year for 40+ years...and Rider B rides 1,000 miles a year for 40+ years, then Rider A would have more experience on the road, testing products, trying out different boots, tires, seats,. clothing, etc., and if Rider A wanted to help or assist others in the riding community, Rider A would share that wealth of information with others.

My personal opinions about products, or how many miles to ride each day may differ from what someone else may think, but there is no need or reason to criticize any one of us, because of what we do, use, or think.

BTW, for the record...I have ridden more than 150 Saddlesore 1000's (1000 miles in a day), and more than 75 Bunburner 1500's (1500 miles in 36 hours), and more than 50 BunBurner Gold (1500 miles in 24 hours) and more than 5 Pile Driver 2000's (2000 miles in 24 hours.) I do that because I want to, not because I am forced to. I "see" all that I want to...but I do it at a higher speed than most do. That doesn't mean I don't see the same things, or less...or more. I see what I want to see, and smell what I want to smell, and meet those that I want to met, and eat at places where I want to eat...and I do not begrudge others that do it their own way. I no longer send paperwork into the IBA to have certified for every ride that I do, as it is no longer needed by me, or for me. The IBA knows who I am, and how I ride. In January I rode down to Bolivia and Chile, and rode back home. 15,125 miles in 28 days..there and back. Rode the entire way. All I do is send a few pictures to the IBA, they review them, and they know where I have been.

I ride for myself...my way. Maybe the rest of you should do the same.
    I have done Both, and love just being on a Scooter, and by Scooter , I started with A Honda 50 Cub, and drive 180 Miles to see my dad, the it was Honda 90 Sport, 160CB, 450, 305 Super hawk, 300 Dream, ton of 750 K Honda's
    650 Yammie's, 750 Yamaha, 900Kaw, 3 Kawasaki Concurs, 4 Gold Wings and 5 Harley s, 3 trips all over US and 10,000 !!!! in 27 days Camping, now I have one more year to work and me and my Star Ship Enterprise (that's what my Harley guys call it ) are gong to take 5 months and camp every where, SO WHAT EVER YOU LIKE DO IT SAFE and Keep the Rubber Side Down !

Not meaning to open up this can again but I envy Miles not for the miles he's riden but for the places he's seen, the adventures he's had and exploring he's done...........Which is why I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Not meaning to open up this can again but I envy Miles not for the miles he's riden but for the places he's seen, the adventures he's had and exploring he's done...........Which is why I ride.
    I agree......However, I don't envy the "sparky" moment. I just don't care to try the Ben Franklin experiment.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I agree......However, I don't envy the "sparky" moment. I just don't care to try the Ben Franklin experiment.
    Lol, very true. I guess it comes with the territory.

When?

Has Ultimate released anything regarding their F6B seats? I assume they will sooner or later since they still advertise here on this site.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

When the seat comes out I will be standing at their front door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ultimate seat

they told me it would be ready last weekend but that didn't happen.
    Ok he's done

fl1madmax

Ultimate seat in Show Room NOW !

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    they told me it would be ready last weekend but that didn't happen.
    Des has the Ultimate first seat in Show Room, NOW, there in production and will be avail 2 weeks, its on their
    Black F6B they used for Demo, I live 80 miles south and will be there first week in Dec to get mine installed.
    will post pics and let you know if there are any Problems with Saddle Bag latches or Cover removal.