2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions

2018 Goldwing, F6B - Hp, Weights and Dimensions

I'm starting a new thread because this info didn't seem to be noticed on the old thread. Here it is. Time to digest some numbers:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ils_infomation
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I'm starting a new thread because this info didn't seem to be noticed on the old thread. Here it is. Time to digest some numbers:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ils_infomation
    What does the weight of the F6B come in at when converted to lbs. from kgs??..No comments noticed about seat height on either models also an issue for me....I guess we just wait and see..Regards

One kg = 2.2 lbs so new B would weigh 803 lbs.

According to this article, wheelbase is now 1/5 inch longer and overall length is 5.2 inches shorter.

Also according to the article , the engine is 1 cc larger with a modest increase in power. If correct , I guess ok. Was hoping for more though. Closer to the BMW numbers.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Mentions zero about the possible 7 speed and reverse for the B

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Also according to the article , the engine is 1 cc larger with a modest increase in power. If correct , I guess ok. Was hoping for more though. Closer to the BMW numbers.
    Yeah, I was hoping for a 20% increase in power. Being lighter will help a bit.

It's nice that Standard or DCT may be available on both the F6B and the full Wing.

More info, more info! I'm not good at waiting ...
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Well the article doesn't go into the technical specs of the transmission, but the rumor that preceded the pics with the "select group" who got to do a secret ride, said that the DCT was 7 spd and the manual will be a 6 spd. The reverse is supposed to be a real reverse gear, using the motor not the starter. It would seem it would be a bit more involved to offer a bike without such an option so I am going to assume that the B will ave the reverse.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

One kg = 2.2 lbs so new B would weigh 803 lbs.

According to this article, wheelbase is now 1/5 inch longer and overall length is 5.2 inches shorter.
    5" shorter seemed like a lot. But, I just measured and there is 12" from our rear wheel to the end of the fender. Wouldn't take much to trim off 5" of that.

Here you go. "There are also GL1800D and GL1800BD models, each with Honda’s DCT semi-automatic transmission."

No reverse mentioned on either model. I bet that they are on both.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Well the article doesn't go into the technical specs of the transmission, but the rumor that preceded the pics with the "select group" who got to do a secret ride, said that the DCT was 7 spd and the manual will be a 6 spd. The reverse is supposed to be a real reverse gear, using the motor not the starter. It would seem it would be a bit more involved to offer a bike without such an option so I am going to assume that the B will ave the reverse.
    Oops, you beat me to it. And good point about the reverse being a gear.

Back to the removable trunk. The weight difference between the B and the Wing is only 40lbs now (used to be 80). With the looks of the seat, I am still hoping the trunk is removable.

Maybe there won't really be an F6B, just a trunkless Wing (with or without DCT)?

Anyone see any badging on the pics to show a difference from the F6B vs the Wing?
    Albuquerque, NM

I'd have thought a bigger increase in power would be warranted but I'm sure it might affect the reliability that we all like. It will still be quicker than what we have with the weight loss.