2nd Bike for the city Royal Enfield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Bike for the city Royal Enfield

2nd Bike for the city Royal Enfield

I would grab these in a minute for a runaround the city bike soon as they're available. I have heard nothing but good things about them, I dig the retro style and no I'm not one of those hipster maggots.

A neighbour owns one.
    All I can say is they look great, but their vibration will dislodge your eyeballs from their sockets, and a Toyota Prius accelerates faster.
    Also, even with EFI, they suffer from serious hesitation and throttle response issues.
    Brakes? What brakes?
    You've been warned.

Slow throttle response and vibration -----perfect it'll make me feel like I'm on my Harley all over again, I'm getting teary eyed

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Slow throttle response and vibration -----perfect it'll make me feel like I'm on my Harley all over again, I'm getting teary eyed

But at least you won't have to worry about it being stolen.

The only thing missing is unbearable heat from the engine, horrendous customer service and a need to spend 10 to 15% of the original purchase price to actually run right and I'll be back home.

I believe Asian population is a biggest consumer of 2 wheelers . Ever increased demands , pushed Royal Enfield's production to new facility , where in this year alone , ½ Million of these classic bikes will be made . I'm impressed .

They just surpassed Harley in global sales, saw one on ebay shipped from India for under 3K. I'll wait till they get a dealer here. Cool video of the Enfield with a little story behind it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwV-Im0kGqg

If Honda riders are the NICEST , this video proves Royal Enfield's are the FRIENDLIEST one . What a great guy ...

One dealer has recently opened here in the Detroit area...White Lake to be specific...Stopped by the other day to look at the bikes and visit with the owners..Nice bikes and nice guys, but not for me..I think they are made in India and looked okay, but with a single cylinder I bet they shake worse than older Harley's....Maybe okay for around town for those that like the old school look, but if I wanted a smaller bike to "put around on" there are many other nicer choices in my opinion......

I didn't know they were that uncommon. We have a Ural/Enfield dealership right here in little old Fort Collins.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]