non-ethanol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: non-ethanol

non-ethanol

I haven't been low at the right time to get non-ethanol fuel yet, poor planning I guess, so I was wondering if anyone has been using it, if there has been a noted difference. On my last bike you could really tell a difference, noticed improvement almost immediately. Any views on this? D.

I wish I could get non ethanol fuel. I think the closest place is 100 plus miles from here. I could really use it on my vintage bikes. Ethanol sucks...........

Quote Originally Posted by olds34dude View Post
    I haven't been low at the right time to get non-ethanol fuel yet, poor planning I guess, so I was wondering if anyone has been using it, if there has been a noted difference. On my last bike you could really tell a difference, noticed improvement almost immediately. Any views on this? D.
    Tried it, can't feel a difference on this bike, probably because the F6 doesn't even need premium, and non-ethanol only comes in premium.

Definitely love it on some other bikes I have with higher compression.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

BP Regular Non-Ethanol

My local, regular gas station, a new BP, has the stuff and I use it.
    I can not discern any affect on F6B performance.

When I'm on the highway I prefer to fuel at "major" brand name stations but have never found non-ethanol gasoline during my travels.
    I'm please BP offers this product and I hope non-ethanol fuels become more readily available.

BP offers a special station: one side of the "pump" is non-ethanol gas and the other side is off road diesel.
    This is a big gas station with a dozen pumps....I just stumbled upon it one day!

shooter
    Haven't been able to buy it around here in years. I think it's a state law. We can buy race gas, 105 octane locally. I've never checked if it's ethanol free or not. You can only put it in a can. Not a vehicle or Bike. Off road use only.

Non ethanol readily available in Texas and Oklahoma . Better mileage with the good stuff

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Availability is 'regional',,, No eth-free in Houston area due to our air quality (or lack thereof).

Did run some non - ethy in Arkansas a year or 2 back. Little better MPG, but not a HUGE gain,,, Seems like the non-ethy stations don't mind charging you a fat premium for the stuff,,, Not sure that it 'pans-out' in the end if it's substantially more expensive,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Availability is 'regional',,, No eth-free in Houston area due to our air quality (or lack thereof).

Did run some non - ethy in Arkansas a year or 2 back. Little better MPG, but not a HUGE gain,,, Seems like the non-ethy stations don't mind charging you a fat premium for the stuff,,, Not sure that it 'pans-out' in the end if it's substantially more expensive,,,
    I have several stations within a couple of miles of my house that don't sell ethanol at all! Same price as the corn mash. I guess it's one of the advantages of living in the boonies!

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I have several stations within a couple of miles of my house that don't sell ethanol at all! Same price as the corn mash. I guess it's one of the advantages of living in the boonies!
    When we went to Sturgis 3 years ago I noticed the mid-grade was cheaper than regular. Think this was Nebraska. Ask a local and he showed me that the regular was straight gas, no ethanol, so it was priced higher. According to him it was because of all the farm equipment that required non-ethanol.

Haven't seen anything but ethanol in Florida.

It would only be rational to assume that anything made in the last few years is manufactured in such a way that ethanol is not a factor. Even my Stilh chainsaw can handle the stuff, and my truck can run on E85. I use non-ethanol in my riding mower, 4wheeler, and my other lawn equipment because they are older and it is redly available to me. As for octane, I use 93 in my F6B, when I use 87 I get terrible surging and the knock sensor CEL comes on. Plus I get much better milage with the 93 so the difference in price is a wash.
    Still Wingman after the site crash!