Picking up new F6B tomorrow - Prioritize Upgrades - Please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picking up new F6B tomorrow - Prioritize Upgrades - Please

Picking up new F6B tomorrow - Prioritize Upgrades - Please

I will be picking up a slightly used 2013 F6B tomorrow. 2,600 miles. Purchased by a Harley rider who just could not live without the extremely loud sound of his exhaust. Didn't want to deal with selling it, so he put it on consignment with a local wholesaler.

Price was fantastic!!!! Been looking at this bike for months! Cheapest I've seen anywhere...under $12K price with a Corbin saddle with driver and passenger backrest......Klockworks screen and highway pegs. Been reading everywhere about what upgrades everyone is doing and trying to figure our priorities.

Bought this bike because my wife and I (and 6 other couples) will be driving from FLA to Denver....then through the badlands to Sturgis (NOT during bike week) and Mt Rushmore and then to the Grand Canyon!! This bike will be much better than my VTX 1300C custom I've been riding.

What upgrades are critical? What order would you do them in? I am thinking of: luggage rack (or harley tour pack mod), throttle lock, bluetooth set for driver and passenger (does this bike have intercom capabilities?), grip changes..... I don't know all that is out there. Please help.

Asking what's critical is like opening a can of worms, you'll get a wide variety of responses.

But.... A windshield replacement is the first thing, look at the Madstad, they are a supporting vendor here.
    Everything else is subjective, ride it for a few weeks, read this forum from page one, and you'll be a happy camper.

Man that engine isn't even broken in yet. Congratulations. That list of mods sounds like a travelers hodgepodge of good mods. There is wired intercom available, you'd have to add the rear connection. Look at Bluetooth intercom if you are already looking at Bluetooth. Cruise is no biggie but I do like mine. It wouldn't kill me if I did not have it. Grip puppies are a cheap comfort mod. Upgraded seating is another choice but I love the stocker seat. Helibars if the handles just don't fit your skeleton. You need to drive a thousand or two and then say to yourself.....I be needin this. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Welcome to the board of all things F6B!
    Ride it and get your azz where you want it and feeling like you could ride all day then the other mods will come. There are many great selections for forwards, grips, shields, sound and lighting, but IMO the saddle is your base and should be the first thing you change if you don't like what you have, then ask a lot of ? about the others and be ready to break out the

There is a wealth of info on this site, all you need to do is ask. From mild to wild, easy or complex its been shown or talked about here.
    Oh and you got a smoking deal on a super scooter, now make it yours in fit, form and function and ride it like you stolid it cause you did.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Welcome

Good job on the buying. I like to hear about people who like to take long rides.
    [SIGPIC]my son[/SIGPIC]

08 GL18A (L3) Black/Chrome
    09 Burgman (Exe) White
    13 GL18B (D) Red/Black-out
    14 GL18C (D) Black/Chrome

If it doesn't already have the center stand I'd highly recommend one.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Wow! What a deal! It sounds like to me you already have many of the accessories you might want. If this bike is not the deluxe model, I agree with a previous poster that it would be handy to add a center stand. Of course, a throttle lock is nice for long trips. I recently installed the Brake Away which, I believe, is the safest of all the throttle locks. While not a true cruise control, it does allow you to rest your throttle hand a bit. And finally, you might want to consider adding additional lighting, both front and rear. Making your ride more conspicuous is always a good idea. Enjoy!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    I will be picking up a slightly used 2013 F6B tomorrow. 2,600 miles. Purchased by a Harley rider who just could not live without the extremely loud sound of his exhaust. Didn't want to deal with selling it, so he put it on consignment with a local wholesaler.

Price was fantastic!!!! Been looking at this bike for months! Cheapest I've seen anywhere...under $12K price with a Corbin saddle with driver and passenger backrest......Klockworks screen and highway pegs. Been reading everywhere about what upgrades everyone is doing and trying to figure our priorities.

Bought this bike because my wife and I (and 6 other couples) will be driving from FLA to Denver....then through the badlands to Sturgis (NOT during bike week) and Mt Rushmore and then to the Grand Canyon!! This bike will be much better than my VTX 1300C custom I've been riding.

What upgrades are critical? What order would you do them in? I am thinking of: luggage rack (or harley tour pack mod), throttle lock, bluetooth set for driver and passenger (does this bike have intercom capabilities?), grip changes..... I don't know all that is out there. Please help.

IMO. No upgrades are critical.

The F6B has intercom capabilities. Sounds like you have the seat, backrests, windscreen and highway pegs covered. Those are typical upgrades. The luggage rack would be VERY handy on a long trip.

Some complain about no cruise, but if your ride with 6 other couples, unless you ALWAYS lead, cruise will do you no good. Do a thorough check of tires, fluids and the like.

Safety first. Have fun.

And one of the least expensive things you can add........Grip Puppies.....how did I go without them for a year?

I pick up my brand new 2013 yesterday and ordered a Clearview windshield today. My next purchase will be LED tail light bulbs and belly pan. Then highway pegs. That should be good until winter.