Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
Assuming that you have centerstands,,, what are you folks doing that requires lifting the whole bike?

I have 2 MC jacks left over from the old bikes that haven't been touched since I got the 6,,, A 'regular' Larin and a HF 'high lift',,, both collecting dust now,,,

Granted, I'll place a floor jack under the forward portion of the crank case for stability when working on the front wheel (tire change), but what do y'all do with the bike 'raised up' on the jack?
I haven't had to lift it yet. Just got it in July, but how about removal of the rear wheel without laying the bike over on it's side or removing plastic for one. Or how about changing the oil without laying on the floor. I can run through other issues. BTW, I bought a standard, and as of yet have not bought a center stand(Plan to) Just have been busy buying other things. I can think of other work that is simply easier if you bring the bike up to a higher elevation. I probably will get a lift table this next year, but until then, my Craftsman bike jack will do.

Heck with ,my Valkyrie, I often lift it just to polish.