• Freedom Combat Performance

2 1.46%
  • Vance and Hines

5 3.65%
  • Brock’s Performance

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Poll

Oh and to add... I have Loopz which I had on the OEM mufflers then I installed the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde pipes with the Loopz. I never had any drone before or after I eliminated the crossover pipe and Cats.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Speaking for myself only, loud pipes on other peoples bikes are annoying, they sure as hell aren't going on mine.
    +1 Too each his own but I like the light sound of the wind gently blowing around my Madst##d windshield.

They are only loud without Torq Loopz.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    +1 Too each his own but I like the light sound of the wind gently blowing around my Madst##d windshield.

I put black mufflers from a 2015 on my 2013 and am loving them.
    ITS ALL GOOD

WoW. Bassani, Freedom and Brock’s are still left blank. Like to hear from those who have them.

I bought and installed a set of Rush 4", took a half hour or so test ride, and promptly removed them. The drone was absolutely unbearable. I sold them to someone on this site, who I believe added torque loops and eliminated the drone

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Oh and to add... I have Loopz which I had on the OEM mufflers then I installed the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde pipes with the Loopz. I never had any drone before or after I eliminated the crossover pipe and Cats.
    I have a theory about the drone. Got a riding buddy that I ride with occasionally. Couple years ago he told me something interesting. He says when he rides with me he doesn't have the drone. When he rides by himself he has it. I've never had it. I know for a fact when he rides alone he rides slow. I think he lugs the bike all the time. I don't know about you guys but I don't think I have to have the bike in fifth gear all the time. When I'm on secondary roads I sometimes don't go above fourth unless it's a long straight stretch. We don't have too many of those. I think the more spirited you ride might be less chance of the drone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I have a theory about the drone. Got a riding buddy that I ride with occasionally. Couple years ago he told me something interesting. He says when he rides with me he doesn't have the drone. When he rides by himself he has it. I've never had it. I know for a fact when he rides alone he rides slow. I think he lugs the bike all the time. I don't know about you guys but I don't think I have to have the bike in fifth gear all the time. When I'm on secondary roads I sometimes don't go above fourth unless it's a long straight stretch. We don't have too many of those. I think the more spirited you ride might be less chance of the drone.
    +1 When your on the throttle, there is no drone. Just the sweet sound of the "6" doing it's job. These bikes should almost never be in 5th gear in corners, unless it's a big long sweeper. 3rd and 4th takes care of crooked roads. I ride with ear plugs and a full face, so, exhaust noise doesn't much bother me.

stock chrome on 2013. I don't want loud. I just want a throaty sound. I know nothing about the V&H product. I believe I should go with the Loops but I don't want to do it if it screws up my warranty. I have only considered TBR and Cobra *Black* SIX-2-SIX. Now I want to learn about the V&H so I don't risk missing out on something better

I've got V&H. I think they are great. No drone. Great sound when you're on it. Kinda like a Porsche on crack. Not too loud. Great look out back.