Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
I hate gremlins. Hopefully it won’t happen again for you, or if it does, you’ll see a trouble code register for you with the check engine light

Unrelated, but I’ve been chasing a Gremlin with my 3rd Gen ‘Taco. Rough idle when warm, not throwing PID codes or CELs at the moment. Was throwing a buttload of those earlier this year when the ACIS shaft broke off in the plenum, choked drivers side cylinders and burned out all of those coils. Good thing for extended warranties.

I suspect possible debris of the plenum door got lodged in one of the intake valves and could’ve bent it. Not enough for the truck to register PIDs or CEL’s at his point.
Will,

When you get a chance catch this guy Peter on youtube. He's a good mechanic but he has this German accent that's a riot. When he opens every video he says "Hello friends welcome back to Toyota Maintenance YouTube Channel" then he gives this grin which is funny and eery all at the same time. Anyway, you can send him questions and problems and he'll answer them. I don't even have a Toyota and I watch him, very entertaining, good mechanic. https://m.youtube.com/c/ToyotaMaintenance