My brake job

Thread: My brake job

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have not changed the pads yet on this F6B but have many times on other bikes. I do find it necessary to release some pressure when pushing back the pistons to allow room for the thicker new pads. I use a large flat blade screwdriver before removing the old pads and a wrench and while spreading the old pads simply by twisting the screwdriver, I crack the bleed valve just a bit to release that small amount of pressure. It is a very small amount and is easy to catch or wipe up. I use a vac and hose to pull out the old fluid while adding new to the reservoir. I do not bleed every time I change pads. That may change as these pads are lasting longer than pads have for me in the past on other bikes.

Have seen on some wings when you push one in the other will come forward.
    check and see if that is what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I have not changed the pads yet on this F6B but have many times on other bikes. I do find it necessary to release some pressure when pushing back the pistons to allow room for the thicker new pads. I use a large flat blade screwdriver before removing the old pads and a wrench and while spreading the old pads simply by twisting the screwdriver, I crack the bleed valve just a bit to release that small amount of pressure. It is a very small amount and is easy to catch or wipe up. I use a vac and hose to pull out the old fluid while adding new to the reservoir. I do not bleed every time I change pads. That may change as these pads are lasting longer than pads have for me in the past on other bikes.
    My boss suggested just cracking the bleeder too.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Have seen on some wings when you push one in the other will come forward.
    check and see if that is what's happening.
    That seems to be the case, although I haven't been able to get to the top piston yet. I'll get her to my job and we have mechanics who'll be more than happy to get this done.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.